Questions about the YG Entertainment auditions?

I'm a 15 year old who is interested in auditioning for YG entertainment. However, I recently emailed the auditions staff and I haven't received a response yet. I was wondering the audition was still open to people who weren't Korean? Although I was born and brought up in the United States, my background is Indian so I have brown skin. Also, I am not fluent in Korean at all. I'm definitely willing to learn how to speak it though, but I'm not fluent in it yet. Do I still qualify to audition?

Also, does YG Entertainment hold their online auditions every year? I was considering auditioning for next year instead since I didn't prepare well for this one and there's only a few more days till the deadline.

Please answer as many of these questions as you can. Thanks for all the help!

Favorite Answer

1) The auditions are always open to people who are non-Korean. But generally, they are more open to other non-Korean Asians. If you take a look at other Korean entertainment companies, like SM and JYP, you will see non-Korean, but STILL ASIAN, artists, such as 2PM's Khun, f(x)'s Amber and Victoria. (By Asian, I mean they look like they are from the Far East - Japanese, Chinese, etc).

2) Yeah, dark skin. Are you South Indian dark or just normal South Asian dark? The first one might be hard to work with but the second one seems workable... Koreans don't like dark skin. But they might lighten you up. For example, f(x)'s Amber, if you look for her pre-debut picture, was pretty dark for a Far East Asian. But SM lightened her right up.

3) They will teach you Korean. This is probably something you don't have to worry about at all. And since you know some already, that might make them a bit (like 0.0001%) receptive to you.

4) NO. YG DOES NOT hold online / open auditions every year. How they find some of their talent is beyond me... And trust me, this opportunity is once in a blue moon. I think it's been something like 7 years since they held open auditions. AllKPop did an article on it. Check it out if you don't believe me!

Do audition and just do your best. Why not give it a shot? You can do it =)

Source(s): Pakistani KPop Fan

1) The audition (first round) accepted videos will be announced on June 22. So wait until then.

2) Anybody with any nationality can audition anytime during the open time.

3) Okay so you have brown skin. I don't really get what you're trying to imply here.

4) You don't have to speak Korean. They will train you by teaching you it when you get in.

5) YG holds auditions every year during around this time of the year.

You can audition for JYP also if you want because they have audition open all year long and if you have enough talent you can get in.

u can'tbe singer in korea !!

u even can't speak korean laugnage !!

we don't need foringer singer @

Source(s): korean