Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 decade ago

Best athletic shoes for women?

I'm looking to buy new athletic shoes to start working out again (running, jump rope, etc.) and I have NO idea what the best brand on the market is. Ladies, what's your opinion on the best shoes at a reasonable price?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I like New Balance. And I think the higher numbers give better support.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I can't give you a specific answer. Shoe manufacturers make their shoes for different types of feet. I found after trying several different name-brands that Nike shoes feel better walking (and running) than the others for me. You have to try them out to see which you like best for your feet. I've tried New Balance, Asics, and a couple others. I always come back to Nike.

• Lisa H
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

sort of depends on you and your foot really. i would recommend going to a store that specializes in running. Not just a normal sporting good store.

i found that for my foot, the way I walk, etc. Brooks shoes were the best for me. My brother likes Nike and my mom likes new balance.

In general though the best type/style of shoe to buy is one for running and not like a cross trainer. Running shoes have significantly more support and padding than a cross trainer and would be better for a variety of uses.

• 1 decade ago

I love mizunos... but they can run a little high in price. You can find some that are reasonable though, they just won't be the new model. They are great running shoes, real comfortable and light. Asics are pretty good too, I have a pair now, but I liked my mizuno way more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i run cross country and i do yoga and i swim. im a very active person and i have tried almost every brand from addiddas to nike and to tell you the truth, i think the best brand is asics. ive had one pair and so far they have lasted me almost three year and i work out nearly every single day! they have excellent arch support and come in a variety of colors from purple to black to lime green to blue to orange..etc. heres a picture of what i have: http://cdn.hellobeautiful.com/files/2009/02/asics_...

not bad right? i have them in the style called asics gel. they cost around $49 for me but was worth every penny. in fact i still have them and i use them too! you can buy them anywhere from big 5 to sports authority. and i believe macys carries them too.

hope i helped and good luck finding the best shoe!

Source(s): experience
  • 1 decade ago

Asics! You can buy them to really meet your needs (high arch, no arch, etc).

I run track and my entire team swears by asics. They are pricey if you are not careful, so do your research and find the cheapest place you can buy them, plus, don't get caught up in buying by the coolest sounding name or colors. Any pair of asics is better than another pair of shoes.

• 4 years ago

confident they are going to in wonderful condition adult men. they could be somewhat narrower yet once you get a great adequate length you would be purely wonderful. I had a mail buddy that used to continuously purchase his shoes from me as quickly as I worked at woman footlocker, their extra fee-effective and all the different adult men became like whoa those are cool hehe(they did not understand our lil secret)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like Nikes and you can buy them just about at any store like Target, Kohl's, Marshall's for a cheap price.

• 1 decade ago

Pumas are really stylish!:)

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat...

Hope this helped:)

PS: they have sooo many colors on the puma website to go with any outfit!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.