Pure asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 10 years ago

How old were you when you had your first baby? and were you financially and emotionally stable at the time?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I'll be 32. I guess I don't know how stable I am financially. I mean, we're married, we have a home and reliable transportation, and I'll be able to afford to take my maternity time off work, and manage the hospital bill, but it still feel like we have a lot of work to do before we can start college funds and all the other child-related costs that we're not used to paying.

I'm pretty confident about my emotional stability, aside from the pregnancy hormones, that is... you know, actually, maybe I'm not stable at all, LOL!

• I'm 20 and pregnant with my first. My husband is 25. We are financially and emotionally stable because we've been planning this baby for a long time. About a year and half ago we decided we wanted to save up 7k and put it in a separate account specifically to buy things for the baby and help pay for the birth. We reached that goal in September. I went off my birth control and we started trying in October. We got pregnant 5 months later. I've always loved kids and being able to babysit since I was pretty young. I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I think it's important to have time together as a couple before starting a family. We had 2 1/2 years together and will celebrate our 3rd anniversary about 6 weeks before my due date. I would definitely say we're financially and emotionally ready. :)

Source(s): 19w1d pregnant!

I was 23 when I had my first and am 25 now but will be 26 when this baby is due. I thought I was financially and emotionally stable when I got pregnant the first time but that all changed when my husband cheated on me and got addicted to cocaine. I left him and went through the whole pregnancy alone. It was very hard on my emotionally and financially. I had to move back in with my Mother after living on my own for 5 years. I eventually fell in love with my boyfriend now and we are expecting a beautiful baby girl Audrey Nicole in Sept. This time I was both emotionally and financially ready for a baby! Even if life throws curve balls at you and you don't think you can do something like raise a baby, you will be surprised how much you can accomplish when you have a wonderful baby to take care of. She motivated me to move on and without her I wouldnt be where I am now.

Source(s): 2nd princess due Sept. 9th

I'm 22 and 8 months pregnant. When I was first pregnant no I wasn't financially stable and definitely not emotionally. But you work on it throughout your pregnancy because you have to. I got a second job and worked my butt off to save up for the things I needed for the baby. Now my spouse works and I stay home for the last few months. We are good. Its all in your mind.. if you tell mentally prepare yourself.. you'll do just fine.. both emotionally and financially. Pregnancy definitely has its own way of really changing you. Quite amazing :]

Good luck!

I am 28, husband is 30. Yes we are financially and emotionally stable

• Crazee

with our first i was 21 and dad was 26. emotionally we were stable. financially no, we were both in the Navy when we got pregnant, but before we had baby we both got out so we had no jobs and no income. but we both have great families that helped us get things, and we had savigns to fall back on. he was able to get a job within a month of having the baby, so we didnt "mooch" off family for long. and i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

this time we are pregnant, ill be 23 when we deliver. emotionally we are still stable, financially the answer is no again. we are both attending college to get better jobs than ever. as a family of 3 we are doing great, but we will need a bigger place soon so i dunno about that added financial strain.

again, totally worth it. money is just money. we will be fine in the end.

• Jill P

I was 29 when I had my first children (twins) -- it was a complicated pregnancy and we lost them both (one stillborn and one at 10 days old), so I was 30 by the time I had my first child who actually came home from the hospital.

I was financially stable, but the older I get, the more I realize that there is no such thing as "emotionally stable" -- just when you think you are, life throws something else your way. :-)

I'm 23 and my fiance is 26. I'll be 24 and he'll turn 27 shortly after our twins are born. We're both extremely emotionally stable but financially... well I quit my job before I knew I was pregnant because we were going to move away for me to attend Radiology school. So now, I'm job hunting and so is he (he recently graduated college). I know we'll be ok though because we both have quite a bit saved up and have amazing families. I know this is God's plan and I'll roll with the punches. After all, all you need is love :)

I am 20 years old and will be almost 21 by the time I give birth. I feel emotionally ready, as for financially, my hubby to be is but I have one semester left of college so I hope to get a better-paying job next year.

• I got married when I was 20 and 11 months later I got pregnant. I was definitely not emotionally ready and financially we were ok, definitely not in a great place financially but we made it. It was scary, but such a blessing. I never knew how exciting it would be to be a mother until I experienced it.