How do i get my puppy to let me put his harness on him!!!!?

I recently got a puppy. He is 11 weeks old and i want him to get socialized well. I have taken him for a few walks since i got him( last saturday) and i KNOW that he needs more walks. When he starts walking he is great, he stays on my left for the most part and he doesnt bark at cars or people. I noticed that when... show more I recently got a puppy. He is 11 weeks old and i want him to get socialized well. I have taken him for a few walks since i got him( last saturday) and i KNOW that he needs more walks. When he starts walking he is great, he stays on my left for the most part and he doesnt bark at cars or people. I noticed that when we past houses in my neighbor hood that also have a dog, he sniffed around in their yard. Is it ok to let him do that so he gets to now the scents of other dogs? But anyway, the big problem is his harness. He HATES putting it on. He bites it, and tugs at it when i try to put it on. Once he has it on he is fine though.I have tried distracting him with a teat but its not wroking very well. HELP!! He is a bluetick coonhound and blue heeler mix, with possibly some beagle just so you know. I want to be able to take him to parks and walk him a lot to burn off his energy but it stresses me out when i try to put it on him. i can tell that i raise my voice and i get more aggressive when i try to and i dont mean to cuz i know it sends offf negative energy. PLEASE HELP!
9 answers 9