Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

What would effectively happen if the US Supreme Court will rule that the Proposition 8 is unconstitutional?

"The validity of Proposition 8 under the United States Constitution is currently being challenged in Perry v. Schwarzenegger, which could potentially have an effect on all same-sex marriage bans nationwide" - Wikipedia

It seems like this case is going to be decided at the US Supreme Court. What would happen if the Proposition 8 is declared unconstitutional?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

There would be a lot of pissed off christian conservatives thinking that god is going to punish us.

• 10 years ago

then the will of the people in California would have been subverted by a court practicing PC. According to the constitution anything not mentioned in it is an issue to be decided by the State. It issue was decided.

• 10 years ago

I suspect Schwarzenegger would finally come out of the closet and announce his long term love affair with Sly Stallone

• 10 years ago

This may be a win-win for conservatives. IF gay marriage licenses will be valid across state lines, then so must conceal/carry licenses.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • $
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

There is going to be a huge new market for divorce lawyers who deal with gay issues.

• wrfine
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

My guess is there would be a whole lot of unhappy Gay Guy's & Lesbians running around?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I assume that same sex marriage would become legal everywhere. I doubt though that the conservative Roberts Court would rule that way.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Same-sex marriage would be treated equally

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Just another piece of wood that is slowly heating the second US Civil War.

• A bunch of gay people are going to get married.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.