How do I get started in soccer?

I am a junior in high school and watch soccer all the time and know all the rules. I have never played soccer in my life, but I want to get started. Where do I start? Gear, Training, etc..

Favorite Answer

Join a local club. buy some shinguards, cleats, and got for it! if you wanted to train on your own just run about 3miles every other day, do some sprints, and learn how to juggle. if you can freestyle then you'll make it. Also if you have a friend who plays have them teach you a thing or two. Go to the park and play some pick up games!

good luck (:

It depends on how old you are. Younger leagues have very few dangers, because younger kids aren't as rough because it isn't as competative. High school gets rougher because of the competition. You could end up with sprained ankles, and even breaks. If you do goalie, you run more of a risk of jammed/broken fingers. Just because there is the risk of these injuries doesn't mean they have to happen. I've been playing for 9 years, and have only had one sprained ankle. To play soccer, you don't have to worry about size problems, like with other sports (to short to play basketball, to small to play football, etc.). Soccer has a lot of running in it, which, depending on how you feel about running, could be either an upside or a downside. For me, the best part of soccer is the running. As opposed to just, like, running track, you have a bigger adrenaline rush, because you're in physical contact with the other players. Yes, it can be hard. Like I said, there is a lot of running. You also have to develope pretty good upper body strength as well. Sometimes in can be tricky if you go against people that are bigger than you, but that will come with any sport. I hope you decide to play soccer, it's an amazing sport.

well you need some gear. theres always a local soccer store somewhere you just have to look for one. and start kicking in your back yard or on a field and try to join a local club team.

first you gotta start training kicking the ball, get some soccer gears star dribbling... start juggling to gain more control. you also got to do some sprints and jogging to gain speed.. and finally try to learn tricks like messi and ronaldo

you need; cleats, shin guards, ankle guards (if wanted), a team to play on, a soccer ball, (if you want to join a higher standerd team.. privite coaching lessons other than that have fun!