Christians, would you consider it evidence of God if I (or another atheist) were struck by lightening?

If so, then what does it mean when lightening strikes a six-story tall statue of Jesus and burns it to the ground? Maybe Zeus just got fed up?

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/touchdown-jesus-hit...

This wasn't really meant to be a SERIOUS question, I just found it too funny to pass up.

Favorite Answer

Why not. They believe AIDS was sent by god to destroy gay people. And they are praying in the dark for the world to end so that they will be "right."

Ever wonder why it is that xians have to pray in the dark?

• imrod

I know there are some prominent Christians in the media that seem to blame every natural event on God. That really doesn't bear out with traditional Christian perspective. In general Christianity believes that the world/universe continues normally according to natural laws. It is certainly true on rare occasions God intervenes in the world/universe. But if the Biblical record reflects reality then that is extremely rare.

Did you know on average 90 people a year die of lightening strikes. http://www.unitedjustice.com/death-statistics.html

Did you know that 20,000 times a year property is damaged by lightening. Just about every day somewhere a church is damaged by lightening.

No big deal, except for the Pat Robertsons. And you might be surprised to know that few Christians put a lot of stake in what he says.

Or maybe God wanted to send a message that we should worship Jesus in the heart, and give money to the Salvation army, not flaunt our prayers and waste money on statues.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men." - Matthew 6.5.

We prove our Christianity be witnessing. Go to www.photosforsouls.com for more. The hypocrites can change, but as of right now, they are showing that they are just ' identity Christians by building statues.

Source(s): an Evangelical who repents for all his sins

Christians already have proof of God through the Holy Spirit, the Bible, Creation, and hundreds of fulfilled prophecies, archaeological evidence, etc. if you or any atheist were struck by lightning, i would be sad, and i would not take it as a sign from God. as for the statue, it may or may not have been an act of God. only He knows for certain.

If you got struck by lightning, I would consider it evidence that you didn't have enough sense to come in out of a storm. It would not be evidence for or against God, nor would it be a reliable indication of His opinion of you.

human beings have faith what they desire to have faith. It takes faith to the two be a theist or atheist by using fact meaning the information which you in my view evaluate backs up your theory. case in point, a non secular man or woman considers the verse at Hebrews 3:4 that each and each house is geared up by ability of somebody, and concludes by ability of watching the extraordinary universe and how it operates as an illustration of the innovative paintings of an clever fashion designer and maker. examining the bible and how it relates guy's fall from God's grace and eventual reconciliation in the event that they choose it by ability of ability of the promised messiah purely reinforces what we see with our eyes or dig up from historical cities. An atheist needless to say is going to make your suggestions up on evolution by using fact the way that existence better from no longer something to a minimum of a few thing and in all probability thinks that each and each of diverse religions of the international, with hypocrisy and bloodshed and superstitions that are actually not making experience, only brainwash human beings and take their troublesome earned time and money. they're going to tutor their factor with numerous the fossil record and the declare by ability of creationists that the earth became into made in a literal 6 days of 24 hours which of direction the bible would not declare. that is genuine that faith does stumble lots of those with maximum of diverse suggestions and customs that tutor lack of information of reality and certainty.

If there is a God (and there is) your being hit by lightning is not outside His knowledge but as to what it means, you should already know what it doesn't mean :

"1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! "

==============

18 Like a madman shooting

firebrands or deadly arrows

19 is a man who deceives his neighbor

and says, "I was only joking!"

Your answer NO!

The bible is clear.

Exodus 20:4 You shall not make for yourself graven image in the form of anything in HEAVEN ABOVE or on the EARTH BENEATH or in the WATERS BELOW.

That includes graven images of Jesus

Psalm 135:15-18

(15)The idols of the nations are silver and gold, made by the hands of men.

(16)They have mouths, but cannot speak, eyes, but they cannot see;

(17)they have ears, but cannot hear, nor is there breath in their mouths.

(18)Those who make them will be like them, and so will all who trust in them.

Win we try to create a graven image of GOD out of or imagination we do God and or selfs a great disservice

Genesis 1:26-27 (26)And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. (27)So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

THE IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD IN MAN

(1) GOD has 2 eyes 2arms and so on.

(2) As GOD has dominion over the hole universe. He gave man dominion over the earth.

(3) As GOD the Father,Son,Holy Spirit Compliment and strengthen one another so Man and Woman were made to Compliment and strengthen one another.

(4) As GOD the Father,Word,Holy Spirit created Man in his image. Man and Woman create new life in there image.

It makes you think If GOD can trust you with the little thing's maybe he will trust you with bigger thing's haaa! haaaa!. Have a good day and may GOD Bless.

How is a lightning strike miraculous? unless it bears witness from the struck challenging The one true God to do it, and then only if that party does not wish for redemption and any witness of this event would be redeemed because of this, only then would it be beneficial for a person's salvation, at the cost of an apostate who would not have benefited from an extension of his/her life in changing for the better. As for the devil Zeus follow who you will but be warned Proverbs 1 was written for the likes of you CH.1vs.22"How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, And fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: Behold I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at naught all my counsel, And would have none of my reproof: I will also laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; They shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: for they that hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: They despised all my reproof. Therefore they will eat of the fruit of their own way. and be filled of their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, And the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from the fear of evil."

Source(s): 1611 Version King James Bible w/footnotes by E.W. Bullinger, Strong's Concordance, and the Holy Spirit which is essential in deciphering the other two.

No its not Evidence of god, people who are religious still get struck by lightning not just atheists