help a student: how do i check on my case if the court date hasn't been set ?

Allow me to give some background info about my situation. I'm an international student here in the US, & I've fallen out of status recently because i didn't keep up with my studies as much as should due to personal problems.

I was informed about this by my international student adviser, he said i'll need to talk to a couple of my professors whose classes i attended but didn't pass, have them update the system with my attendance grade, & when i do that, he ( int'l student adviser) would mail me a form to fill out & send to immigration along with a letter to explain why i've fallen behind on my academics.

Needless to say, I did my part, he never did his & never did mail that form. Fast forward a couple of months, I.C.E. knocks at my door at 6 a.m., arrest me, & detain me until family members bail me out later that day. Now, I'm expecting a letter in the mail (again !) that should tell me when my court date is to appear in front of an immigration judge to see if i'm "removable" or not.

Now for my question:

- How do i check on the status of my case ( if i can call it that) ? Is there somewhere I can call or email ? I tried looking on but i couldn't find anything helpful. I have my A-number but not a case/receipt number since I haven't gotten the letter with the court date in the mail yet & I don't want to be arrested again & deported :( Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Check on your case by calling Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283

    It says that if you don't have your case number you can use your "A Number" to research your case.

    Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.