Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Are you satisfied with BP's official response to the gulf oil spill which was "Oops"?

Does the official response to the crisis still leave some questions unanswered?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Everything that is going on today leaves a lot of questions unanswered, These guys should face heavy fines and be driven out of business ...was this really just an oOOOPs?

Olga, I am with you

and Reg, you take the most breathtaking pictures of birds.. like WOW!

• 4 years ago

Liberal bias, You truly don't know jack squat about anything do you. The Coast Guard response was as you said, immediately on scene to rescue and begin a body recovery, That was what the initial contact was involving, However what the Coast guard and NOAA did not do, Which they should have done unilaterally was assess the degree of the damage done to the rig, and the under the water line flow pipes. Which they DID NOT DO, They allowed BP to take the lead position in the clean up. Which has now proven to be the biggest blunder of the century. BP short sold the magnitude of the spill and the amount of fuel belching its way into the gulf. Until it became so obvious we were headed for environmental disaster as we are now dealing with. So please don't show your ignorance for what you think Obama did right. Deal with what was not done at all.

• ?
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

This problem is both BP and governmental. The government was allowing BP to be slack . BP will save money on safety and cut corners because BP is a money source for politicians. Now it is just a lot of stupid hell raising and some small money designated compared to what is needed while the ocean is filling with black muk.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

With BP? Yes. I believe that they are doing absolutely everything they can to stop this as quickly as possible. With the governments response? Hell NO!! They could have done much more!!

This was an accident for crying out loud!! Do you think BP wanted this to happen?

** Yeheigh, He meant to say small business, not small people. Heaven forbid someone make an error is speech when a Liberal is listening.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

No way. They got lots of questions which never will be answered. Everybody is trying to cover their butts on this but its the fish , birds and those folks making a living in the ocean with fishing. I think its a crying shame.

• 10 years ago

Not at all....but what's even more puzzling is Obama's reaction to it. Or lack thereof. He hasn't gone much further than shaking his finger at BP and making another idle threat to buy his energy from Chinese wind turbine manufacturers.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

At least BP had a response.

Still no word from obummbler.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

They are a slick bunch of toe rags.A load of dipsticks and to cap it all they can't come up with a refined apology

• maxmom
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Of coarse not, but realistically, I never expected them to come out and admit how they were negligent.

No company in the world would do that.

• 10 years ago

Being a "small person" it makes me feel all warm inside knowing they care about me - kinda like heartburn.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.