How would you describe the color "blue" to a blind person?

A philosophy question earlier asked how would you convince a blind person the sky was blue. I proposed the convincing part wasn't hard: gain trust, but this did come with significant responsibility. HOwever, if a person is blind from birth, the color label is nebulous, so how would you "describe" the... show more A philosophy question earlier asked how would you convince a blind person the sky was blue. I proposed the convincing part wasn't hard: gain trust, but this did come with significant responsibility. HOwever, if a person is blind from birth, the color label is nebulous, so how would you "describe" the color itself, not its connotations (e.g., sad) to someone without sight? A bit of a challenge methinks!
Update: Hey Jeremy...see you're new. Well you oughta stick around here, son, cuz this is EXACKLY what I was lookin' for! ^10
Update 2: The heart of this question is not so profoundly cynical; it is to describe, NOT define, the color blue...the impressions it leaves YOU with, for we must presume that is what has the blind one curious enough to ask! And agreed BG...or with What's it 2 U right below ya! WOOO HOOOOOOOO! Like it Laura...can I... show more The heart of this question is not so profoundly cynical; it is to describe, NOT define, the color blue...the impressions it leaves YOU with, for we must presume that is what has the blind one curious enough to ask!

And agreed BG...or with What's it 2 U right below ya! WOOO HOOOOOOOO! Like it Laura...can I add you to m'contacts?!?