Why do Americans hate poor Mexican immigrants?

Legally, it is nearly impossible (YES, IMPOSSIBLE) for a poor uneducated Mexican person w/o any family in the US to immigrate to the US. Just call up INS and ask! Honest doesn't matter. Hard work doesn't matter. Even wanting to create a better life doesn't matter. There's not even a green card lotto available for Mexicans! For someone who wants to follow the process and immigrate legally to the US, it is IMPOSSIBLE for them!

That leaves illegal immigration as their only choice to immigrate to the US. But people here HATE illegal immigration.

So why does Americans hate poor Mexican immigrants who want to migrate to the US like the people in the Ellis Island story? They made it impossible legally to do so and now they want to kick any of the illegal Mexicans out so essentially they are saying - "We don't want you here!"

Whatever happened to starting a new life in a new country to pursue the American dream like Andrew Carnegie - a poor uneducated Scottish immigrant! ?

Update:

Andrew Carnegie was a steel tycoon and founder of Carnegie Mellon University, a top university which educates the best and brightest among us.

Update 2:

Why doesn't anyone admit this too? They always say try the legal option but THERE IS NO LEGAL OPTION for a poor Mexican.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

you are mistake we are against ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS not immigrants

my best friend in the world is a LEGAL mexican immigrant

keyword is LEGAL..

• 4 years ago

No, only the illegal ones, and I don't hate them, they just make me sick because they use our healthcare system and get social security by stealing American Social Security numbers. Furthermore, the majority don't want to learn English and greedy Americans cater to them by putting up signs in spanish. Some stupid people say that they do jobs that Americans won't do, but that's not true because WHO did them all these years (it was black and white Americans). I know a lot of families in my neighborhood who hire illegal mexicans to be their maids or gardeners, but I think that is aweful. Americans need to pay real Americans the right wages to start with. However, my ex-girlfriend had a friend from prep school who was really Mexican (castillian descent). She looked European and not anything like the illegal mexicans that have flooded the United States, who by the way are not more NATIVE AMERICAN than any of us and don't have the right to United States land, they're not even native american, they're mixed with European blood and aztec blood. Last time I checked Cherokees weren't the same thing as Aztecs. I get so mad when I hear mexican immigrants saying that this is their land. If anyone deserves to inherit the land that is now the US it would be real Native Americans and not illegal mexican immigrants. And to the answerer below me, I am a college graduate who comes from an upper class family and not what you so callously refer to as a "white low life", but I still don't think that it is right for illegal immigrants to take working class american jobs.

• 10 years ago

There is not enough space here to even discuss half of what damage illegal immigration has done to my friends my neighborhood and even myself. I don't hate anyone. I hate what I have seen regarding behavior and attitude from illegal immigrants. My life will never be the same since the millions have come illegally to our country. Our countrymen threw out our aristocratic ruling class. Why don't you quit making us pay because you can't get your act together and change your own country?We have immigration laws to be followed so we know those coming in are self supporting,not taking jobs away from americans,Yes ,thousands of americans lost their jobs to illegal immigrants because they would work for less than the americans who then lost their houses,and many are on the streets today because of of the glut of illegals they have to compete against. Who do you think were doing the jobs before the illegals came and took them?I talked to people forced to train people they knew were illegal and were going to take their job away. It's a myth that immigrants are only taking jobs americans won't do. They replaced a whole class of americans struggling to make ends meet already. I'll save the rest of the story for another day.

• 10 years ago

We don't want or need poor uneducated people who do not think twice about breaking the law. I'm all for legal immigrants who through their education or talents can contribute to my country. We have many hundreds of thousands hard working Americans already here we don't need illegal aliens. Ellis Island was in fact very real and not a story. I seriously doubt that La Raza & MeCHA would support an Ellis Island today, I can hear their claims of racism now along with the pro illegal alien supporters. Keep your poor, uneducated, law breakers we don't need or want them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jan
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

So,just because they can't come here legally because of their economic status,that gives them the right to just ignore our laws and come anyway? Our country cannot support all the poor people from other countries that want to come here. To be a productive citizen,you are supposed to be able to give back and contribute to our country. Coming here will no resources and relying on citizens of this country for support doesn't fit that bill.

Everyone wants a better life,but that doesn't give anyone the right to break the law to get it.

• 10 years ago

if its so impossible why do i work with about 25 POOR LEGAL Mexican immigrants.I live in AZ and my family is married into a Mexican family that came here LEGALLY. they arent wealthy didnt have any connections they just did it the right way. yeah its harder than just jumping a fence but its worth it in the long run.

• It's not our job to support poor and uneducated foreign nationals. We don't hate immigrants, we are simply tired of having to support dead weight. Why should we even accept unskilled labor? We don't need any more uneducated citizens. Why are you only referring to Mexicans? It is not our job to provide them a better job. It's the duty of their home country. I do not feel any sympathy towards these illegal immigrants. It'd be a different story if they actually behaved and stayed out of sight but that is not the case. Quit trying to make us seem like the bad guys.

• 10 years ago

We cannot take in the entire world.Why is Mexico considered the poorest country on earth ? Why do Mexicans continue to have more kids than they can afford and what is their reasoning, we are poor Mexican immigrants who want to migrate to the US we didn't think about what our responsibilities were, this is for America to take care of us. Why should it be limited to Mexico only, that's seems racist to reject all other races, but for one-- for the race everything,those outside the race nothing , isn't that how it works ?

• 10 years ago

No one is forcing them to break the law by entering the country illegally. They could always stay in Mexico and try and make their own country better.

Oh, and Ellis Island was a LEGAL immigration center. It's best to know history before citing it.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Must be a good reason they don't allow them in. and actually they do when another family member sponsor them. But it has to start by doing it legally.

• 10 years ago

Well you are full of ****. There are agricultural visas, and family visas as well. The point is we don't want someone who is going to cost us more in medical bills, education expense, and likely incarceration expense. And who we take is really none of your business. We get to choose, Mexico doesn't. We don't dictate their law, and they have no right to dictate ours. And we are getting sick and tired of them to be quite honest with you.

And everytime you use the word "immigrant" instead of "illegal alien" to try to deceive in regards to their status, we become even more infuriated

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.