Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Is Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword considered a big announcement?

My friend was being a dumbass pretending to have watched the Nintendo E3 Press Conference. I said i thought it was better then last years, but he said that nothing big was announced. I then asked him what the first announcement was (Legend of Zelda Wii), he then gave me a blank stare and said he watched the highlights. When i told him pretended to know, but he said not many people care about the Wii version.

Last time i check wasn't it one of the most anticipated titles at this years E3?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, Skyward Sword was a definitely a big announcement! It is one of the most anticipated games of this year (and maybe in all of history...), and Nintendo really did know how to wow the fans when they started their conference with Zelda right away.

A lot of other big things were announced, as well. Sadly I only got to see the Nintendo conference, though. Metroid: Other M was a pretty big title, and they were bringing back a lot of the other classics, like Mario and Kid Icarus. Kirby's Epic Yarn was also announced, along with Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts, Goldeneye, and all of those other big titles.

I would have to say that Nintedo took the show away at this year's E3. They were just amazing, with all of those great classic titles and everything. And Zelda was definitely the highlight there, especially with the announcement of Ocarina of Time's remake on the 3DS...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

People were excited when they first announce it but when they showed the gameplay alot of people were disappointed. but it was still a good conference. Nintendo reveald a shitload of games. Zelda Skyward Sword, Kirby Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey, Donkey Kong Country Returns, They showed more of Metroid: other M, the 3ds, A new Kid Icarus game for the 3ds (the last kid icarus game was made almost 20 years ago). 007: Golden eye remake.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Only the Wii this time around. The only reason why the last Zelda came out on Wii and Gamecube was because Nintendo wanted people to go out and buy Wii's. For this Zelda games theres no new nintendo console coming sooo it's only going to be on Wii.

• Timmy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

the biggest announcement of nintendo's press conference is the 3DS

purley because of its innovative and impressive tech

far more impressive and innovative then the wii could ever claim to be

in terms of technological advancement nintendo blew everybody away

sony and ms are merley trailing behind nintendo and catching up to the motion control fad

( ie expect more shovel ware for the idiot casual gamer)

as faras games go mostly just sequals on all sides nothing new there

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes Yes and Yes because this will be the first console Zelda games since twilight princess in 06'.

Secondly this games will be the first to let you use your shield and sword seperately, meaning you can block an attack while stabbing and enemy.

Also they're introducing some new cool items such as the rolling bomb and a beetle that fires from your wrist that you can use to retrieve items.

• Yes I believe your friend was being a dumbass, but that's just my opinion :) This Game can't be any more anticipated. Game trailers named it the most anticipated game of E3 2010.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well technically we all knew the announcement was coming so it wasn't a suprise. But yes, it's a pretty highly anticipated title. Your friend...sounds like he's stoned or something.

• Andrew
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i'm just gonna go on record and say your friend is not a Nintendo fan and you should take his 360 and chuck it out the window because of it.

The gameplay looked good, but because of some wireless interferance, it didnt respond well. The people at the show flow said it worked fine. it looks solid, but the graphics... just turn me off.

• 1 decade ago

considering alot people were waiting for this for the last 5 years when they first mentioned the game was being made i say yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.