Is Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword considered a big announcement?

My friend was being a dumbass pretending to have watched the Nintendo E3 Press Conference. I said i thought it was better then last years, but he said that nothing big was announced. I then asked him what the first announcement was (Legend of Zelda Wii), he then gave me a blank stare and said he watched the... show more My friend was being a dumbass pretending to have watched the Nintendo E3 Press Conference. I said i thought it was better then last years, but he said that nothing big was announced. I then asked him what the first announcement was (Legend of Zelda Wii), he then gave me a blank stare and said he watched the highlights. When i told him pretended to know, but he said not many people care about the Wii version.
Last time i check wasn't it one of the most anticipated titles at this years E3?