Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

LimeWire won't let me download anything. Tips? Should I re-stall it?

It lets me start downloading but it doesn't load at all, it 'stalls' i click retry, and then it says looking for file. For everything I download. Help?

• DrDave
    Favorite Answer

Tip number one: Your ISP like the daily growing numbers of them is probably blocking it. You ARE after all, stealing media! ISPs are now being encouraged to block p2p. They may also warn you if it persists and if you continue, they are required by law to turn you in after 3 warnings.

• ?

It's ur Firewall & Anti Virus, limewire is connected 1000000 computers who knows what they have on them, u see limewire has "no files", each computer that login on to limewire, is sharing it's shared folder, that what it is a file swapping site, when u request something limewire searches all the computers that's login to find it, & when it does it download from the computer that has it, then it download t u. So beware, what's in ur shared fold, because limewire taps it when ur login

Source(s): Charles