What is it like being a real estate agent?

im thinking about career options and was thinking about being a real estate agent. i have been researching it but im not to sure if i should trust the interviews done on real estate agents about being a real estate agent because they would probably only pick the best ones. obviously it varies from person to... show more im thinking about career options and was thinking about being a real estate agent. i have been researching it but im not to sure if i should trust the interviews done on real estate agents about being a real estate agent because they would probably only pick the best ones.

obviously it varies from person to person so what is it like for you (or someone you know well) being a real estate agent?
what are your hours like?
what is your pay like? (you don't have to answer this one but it would love to know, here's a key if you would like to give an approx. 1=less than $50,000 a year. 2=$50,000-$100,000 a year. 3=$100,000-$500,000. 4=500,000+)
uh... im sure i had other questions but i forgot, so any other information you think is relevant would be appreciated

and also, what do you consider is better, commercial, residential or another kind of real estate agent

thanks for taking the time to answer :)
3 answers 3