Can i be sent to collections for a missed appointment fee?

I missed an appointment recently, and am being charged a no show fee of $50. i do not intend to pay it. This is th first time i have ever missed an appt, and the Drs office ALWAYS calls to confirm my appt, well this time no one called, and they say "too bad" we call as a courtesy. I work for a dental... show more I missed an appointment recently, and am being charged a no show fee of $50. i do not intend to pay it. This is th first time i have ever missed an appt, and the Drs office ALWAYS calls to confirm my appt, well this time no one called, and they say "too bad" we call as a courtesy. I work for a dental office, and we call to confirm, if appt is not confirmed, we do not charge. We only charge for broken confirme appointments, and only if it is a second or more offense. I know someone else that No Showed an appt at my Dr, and was not charged anything for it. I have plead my case with the manager who was ridiculously rude. At this point i have no intention of paying, and was wondering if anyone had ever been sent to collections for a broken appointment? When no service was actually rendered?
6 answers 6