Vampire culture, why the dramatics?

There is indeed a subculture in our society who call themselves vampires in that they feel they need to consume blood or feed off of one's energy. This I can understand. What I'm trying to understand is why these vampires feel the need to file their teeth, file their nails to a point, and where costume... show more There is indeed a subculture in our society who call themselves vampires in that they feel they need to consume blood or feed off of one's energy. This I can understand. What I'm trying to understand is why these vampires feel the need to file their teeth, file their nails to a point, and where costume contact lenses year round. At least where I live, this seems to be the norm. If you're really a vampire why do you have to make a spectacle of yourself? The freaky halloween **** has nothing to do with a sensitivity to light or the craving for blood. I met a few vampires who all slept in homemade coffins on occasion and I just wanted to laugh. It seems that they are just trying to re-enact ancient myths or a character in an Anne Rice novel. Why the need for dramatics?
Update: *wear

sorry, it's late
10 answers 10