Why do people still believe Horoscopes are real?

Why do people still believe Horoscopes are real, after science has proved many times that they aren't. Why do horoscope people trust science with everything except horoscopes? They believe cigarettes cause cancer, because science has proved they do. They believe the earth is round, because science proved it... show more Why do people still believe Horoscopes are real, after science has proved many times that they aren't. Why do horoscope people trust science with everything except horoscopes? They believe cigarettes cause cancer, because science has proved they do. They believe the earth is round, because science proved it was. So why are they so stubborn when it comes to horoscopes?
Update: Note: I know why kids believe in it. But it's mainly adults I want to know about. I know majority of adults don't, but there are still some that do.
Update 2: "Why do people still believe God is real" No comparison. People who believe in horoscopes are always comparing the 2 as if horoscopes are a religion because they are both based on beliefs. I'm Atheist, but science has not proved that Christianity is untrue. Science has not proved that the bible is... show more "Why do people still believe God is real"

No comparison. People who believe in horoscopes are always comparing the 2 as if horoscopes are a religion because they are both based on beliefs. I'm Atheist, but science has not proved that Christianity is untrue. Science has not proved that the bible is lies, yet. If science proved it, and people still believed it, this question would be over in the Religion and Spirituality section.
Update 3: "Hey, give me a link to an article where science proves Astrology is false, because I've seen Astrology to prove itself true many atime." http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2003/aug/17/20030817-105449-9384r/ Now you give me a link that proves it's true. No, forget proving anything, I'll... show more "Hey, give me a link to an article where science proves Astrology is false, because I've seen Astrology to prove itself true many atime."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2003...

Now you give me a link that proves it's true. No, forget proving anything, I'll go easy on you. Give me a link that gives even a clue or a small piece of evidence that they may be true.
Update 4: And I am not talking about all of Astrology, I am talking about horoscopes, which is one branch of Astrology. I am talking about the belief that people's personalities are determined by the month they were born in.
Update 5: It's not just horoscopes, it's that whole area of Astrology, that whole side of it. Like for example, some girl asked if most Gemini's are hot and another asked if most Leos are stubborn. That is what I am talking about. "Time Twins", which has been proven by science to be untrue.
Update 6: Nostradamus didn't predict anything.
Update 7: "Science can't even prove how or why we're here, so Science hasn't really proven much of anything" What 2 geniuses gave that answer a thumbs up? Science can prove some things, and can't prove other things. If we go by your way of thinking, we might as well throw science out the window... show more "Science can't even prove how or why we're here, so Science hasn't really proven much of anything"

What 2 geniuses gave that answer a thumbs up? Science can prove some things, and can't prove other things. If we go by your way of thinking, we might as well throw science out the window and still believe the earth is flat.
Update 8: "Dont know how many times this question will pop up."

That's really sad if you've been informed more than once about this, and still continue to believe in it with proof right in front of you that it's not real.
Update 9: "If you can't appreciate, tolerate." I don't tolerate ignorance. Nothing annoys me more because ignorance is the root of all evil. Ignorance is what created the Nazis and what caused women accused of being witches to burn at the stake. Ignorance is why Fox News is the #1 watched TV show. If a... show more "If you can't appreciate, tolerate."

I don't tolerate ignorance. Nothing annoys me more because ignorance is the root of all evil. Ignorance is what created the Nazis and what caused women accused of being witches to burn at the stake. Ignorance is why Fox News is the #1 watched TV show. If a person is ignorant in one area, they are most likely ignorant in other areas as well, and that affects this entire world and everybody who has to live in it.
Update 10: "since it seems we both rely on news articles and partial information/secondary sources published in the internet to back up our opinions." Wrong, I rely on news articles. You have never read any news articles that backed up the belief in Time Twins. If so, post a source. Since there's an absence... show more "since it seems we both rely on news articles and partial information/secondary sources published in the internet to back up our opinions."

Wrong, I rely on news articles. You have never read any news articles that backed up the belief in Time Twins. If so, post a source. Since there's an absence in news articles and positive studies for the existence of Time Twins, any logical person should conclude that it's not true, since the news articles and studies we do have all have proven that they are false.
Update 11: Being interested in Astrology is one thing. I was interested in reading the bible, even though Im Agnostic. But a large majority of the questions in this section are things like "how do I get a Leo boy to like me" or "Why are Tauruses always mean". Majority of questions are from real... show more Being interested in Astrology is one thing. I was interested in reading the bible, even though Im Agnostic. But a large majority of the questions in this section are things like "how do I get a Leo boy to like me" or "Why are Tauruses always mean".

Majority of questions are from real believers, not just people with an interest.