Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 10 years ago

Is it possible to live without meat, vegetables, or fruit? Some sort of inanimate non-living substance?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Some 'saints' or Indian Sadhus like NagaSadhu claim to have lived only on Prana (spiritual non-physical food of the Gods) for years and years!

But you may look like him! ::

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19...

• J
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Grains. Beans. Nuts. Seeds.

None of those are meats, vegetables, or fruits. Though they aren't non-living substances.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Supplement powders, Astrounaut style, yet you're still mixing it w/water, which some may argue is a living substance.

• 10 years ago

I guess you could "synthesize" the nutrients that your body needs, but I have no idea if that has been done or can be done without using some type of previously living organism.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • an on
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

why are people saying yes and then giving examples like grains beans and tofu. those are all in the vegetable kingdom..

this person is specifically asking NON-LIVING SUBSTANCE.

and so of course the answer is no.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Yes, but they wont receive all the vitamins and nutrients they need in order to be healthy. Therefore they will become unhealthy and become more prone to certain illnesses and diseases. Eventually they would die. BE HEALTHY :)

• 10 years ago

Your body naturally needs a varity of foods and just tofu isnt enough. But if you really need to stick with veggies and tofu.

• 10 years ago

I doubt it. You don't need to eat meat, dairy or eggs to live - but you still need to eat.

Edit: So you think you can live without food?

• 10 years ago

Sure...for about 3 weeks.

• Dion J
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

You mean, like rocks and dirt?

It sounds like a great idea- why don't you try it?

Maybe you could do a documentary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.