Will asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Why do dogs snuggle with people?

Why do they?

Favorite Answer

I don't know why they do it specifically but I love our dog and her snuggles.

She sleeps under our doona at the bottom of the bed and gets pretty adament to let her under. She'll walk up the bed between my Fiance and I, do a turn around and go under the covers. She also waits for him to get up in the morning, just lays there looking around and as soon as he gets up or talks she walks up the bed and starts smothering him with kisses, then lets next to him with her head over his neck while he's on his side, making little noises. She's a staffy x labrador and she's so smart and full of personality.

• devito

He is a lap puppy foolish. Just considering that he is massive does not imply he can not be a lap puppy. I had a wheaten who was once a lap puppy and still have two complete sized cockers 30# every that believe they're lap puppies. Its simply displaying a candy temperament. You need to be an excessively well father or mother !

• casica

Why Do Dogs Snuggle

• Stacey

They are companion animals. My two dogs love to snuggle with each other as well.

Because they love to cuddle too, My Shih Tzu will cuddle with me all day long, she is such a lover. She just likes to be with you and she will give some kisses too. She gets real hot though so she can't be under covers. She will follow me into the bedroom and jump on the bed as soon as I lay down and lay right next to me.

A little thing called WARMTH! Nothing to do with love or cuddles or any of that crap. You snuggle/cuddle with your kids, your partner etc in an affectionate way, a dog doesn't understand that - no brain capacity to think like that!

Because they love you and just love being with you. Don't you like it when you can feel the warmth of your dog and know you're safe?

@Fííonnábháír ~◇~

You are an IDIOT!