Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Did the Soviet Union have the right idea by putting fundies in mental hospitals?

I think that's where they should belong here in the USA.

Favorite Answer

No. Trample no one's freedoms, so no one will have an excuse to trample yours.

Or, a la Voltaire, I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

On the other hand, when it moves beyond saying, and into shooting up a UUA congregation or murdering doctors who provide abortions, throw them in Jail and lose the key.

Look at what happened to the Soviet Union, it's no longer a ruling Republic.

Yet, Christians are still going strong in the former Soviet Union.

Aye, fundamentalists of ALL types are annoying, arrogant and a general pain in the ar5e, but no one deserves to be in a Soviet era 'mental hospital', ie. concentration camp/gulag.

There are some exceptions:

WBC and the wankers who protest veteran's funerals

People who kill others.

The Soviet Union was communistic, prohibiting freedom and outlawing religious belief, enslaving men and removing from them their inalienable rights.

Are you sure you want to be ideologically associated with the Soviet Union?

For the extremist fundies (like Randall Terry's Operation Rescue and the Huttaree militia), a mental hospital is too decent.

The Gulag system worked better.

Oh yeah! I bear in mind that... my clinical specialist instructed me to "stay correct the position you're.." at the same time as he ran again to get me my magic pills. yet I snuckded off. He he he.. and they say i'm loopy. Now, the position's Bobsley? He my puppy flying pink alligator. He visits me prevalent at 6:16 sharp.

No. Love Jesus with all Your Heart.

Oh just bring it skippy.

No.

YES!!!!!!!!!