thai tradition help!!!!!?

I am in this religious class and I need to know something.

What is Sadakkho?

i know its the wrong spelling but I'll tell you the hint we got

Its a tradition when children(both girls and boys) girls at the age of 7 and 3 and boys at the age of 5 donate something to the temple(Lengli Temple is the most famous) and I'm not sure if they become monks too for a while and the reason they do this is that this will give them special protection.

What i want to know is anything you can tell me about this. write in everything you know. thanks: )

Favorite Answer

http://www.thaifreedomhouse.org/blog/volunteer-sto...

The peace crane movement began in Japan after the 1945 bombing of Hiroshima. A young girl, Sadako Sasaki, was 2 years old at the time of the bombing and was only one mile from the spot where the bomb landed. As a result of her exposure to the a-bomb she developed and died from leukemia. Before she died she attempted to fold 1000 paper cranes, believing that the gods would grant her wish to get well if she did so.

Since the story of Sadako became known, a campaign to build a memorial for all the children killed by the atomic bomb started and eventually a memorial was built in Hiroshima. Every year, children all over the world fold peace cranes and send them to the monument to represent their voice for peace and freedom.

The symbol of the peace crane – for freedom and peace – is something that all the students of Freedom House wish for. Each crane is folded with a wish for something they desire, and to fashion these wishes into an earring that will be worn from Thailand to Toronto means that their dreams and desires and wishes will spread all over the world.

Saudi Arabia: The ladies have a gigantic henna social gathering the night time earlier than the marriage ceremony and the moms, aunts, and sisters make a gigantic banquet for the visitors. In the agricultural villages we invite the entire deficient in order that they make take side within the marriage ceremony and revel in a well meal. I suppose the guys simply sit down round and speak the night time earlier than. At the marriage ceremony, the guys and ladies are seperated by means of a curtain, with the bride with the ladies and the groom at the different aspect with the guys. The marriage ceremony in Saudi Arabia lasts from 10:00 PM till Fajr prayer which additionally entails the colossal banquet. I suppose after an hour the bride and groom pass the husband's dwelling or his mum or dad's dwelling (it is determined by the person wherein they'll be dwelling) and the visitors simply keep to benefit from the social gathering till Fajr. Then they pray Fajr and pass dwelling.