? asked in SportsMartial Arts · 10 years ago

Donnie Yen vs Jet Li vs Tony Jaa?

I like donnie yen the most because of his movie Ip Man and Ip Man 2 but I would like to know which of them 3 fighters is the best living today? I know Bruce Lee is the best but I would like to know which MA fighter is the best in the world today. (living) Also, if you think there are other MA fighters better than those 3, then feel free to name them.

• Derek
    Favorite Answer

I like donnie yen and jet lit more then tony jaa. I was watching a fight scene from the protector and you can see that there is a pause after the opponent strikes before jaa does anything (the stairwell fight when he is in the tower fighting hundreds of guys.) I think that shoes a lack of timing and flow in his technique.

jackie chan is probably the most well rounded out of the the kung fu crowd. he has the flashy kung fu like jet li, but he then has more styles of kung fu and he has wing chun like donnie yen.

after him it would probably be jet li, then donnie yen.

I would say chuck norris but I don't think that he really trains as much as he should anymore. when he did he was amazing. movie star, traditional martial arts master, creator of his own organization, pro kickboxer, studied with bruce, creator of the world combat league (fighting tournament). he has had a great martial arts life.

I also like jason statham, I think he is really skilled.

Donnie Yen Vs Jet Li

• krull

Jet Li Vs Donnie Yen

• Debra

It would be a fight between Bruce Lee and Jet Li. I think Jackie Chan would make a decent showing, but ultimately I think Bruce and Jet would both prove superior to him. The others wouldn't even be in the running in my opinion. Tony Jaa and Donnie Yen would be way out of their league.

Jet Li won the national wushu title in China before coming to fame in movies. When you are the national champion of China ...you re pretty much the international champion. He trained in the Beijing wushu camps, which were ran by the government where it selected gifted students to move further in the program. They put the kids in these camps of different sports when they are very young to find talent and then keep the good ones where they undergo rigorous training. Same thing for athletes that compete in olympic sports like gymnasts and divers. Neither Jackie Chan or Donnie Yen ever had such a title or have gone through this type of training. Jackie Chan got famous through his circus like acrobats. Donnie Yen is more of a martial artist than Jackie Chan. He was trained by his mother who was a martial arts instructor. He s good but not at Jet Li s level. He took the limelight after Jet Li retired due to thyroid problems a few years ago.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Donnie Yen vs Jet Li vs Tony Jaa?

I like donnie yen the most because of his movie Ip Man and Ip Man 2 but I would like to know which of them 3 fighters is the best living today? I know Bruce Lee is the best but I would like to know which MA fighter is the best in the world today. (living) Also, if you think there are other MA...

Source(s): donnie yen jet li tony jaa: https://shortly.im/IiHfE
  • ?

donnie yen? Jet li vs tony jaa would make a great fight scene in a movie...i been hoping that they do get together in a movie 1 day but it seems like wishful thinking.

to the person who said wackie chan is the best that shows you know nothing of him or martial arts and should be banned from posting in this section...do you know he learned his "martial arts" at the china drama academy which means he learned movie fu that is only good for the movies and acting, not real world martial arts..

In fact i'm not even sure tony jaa knows real muay thai, it looks like he does but i've never heard of him studying it for real

Check out Tommy Carruthers. He is an amazing MA who is recognized as being just as talented as Bruce Lee was, and trains and instructs at some of the official Jeet Kune Do schools that are owned by Bruce's old students. He has been offered contracts for the UFC several times, or so I've read, and has turned them down because he does not consider it to be appropriate for the arts training he does and gives.

From what I've seen in his videos, he is an amazingly quick and effective fighter. He's not as into proving himself like Bruce Lee was though. You can typically find a bunch of his videos on Youtube. They are definitely worth checking out.

Source(s): lots of research on the web...

Chuck Norris has accomplished more in martial arts than all three combined, he may have lost a step with age, but he is still training in BJJ with the Machada brothers, so he isn't entirely out to pasture yet.. out of this list Tony Jaa gets my vote, but Ray Park, the guy who played Darth Maul and Snake Eyes in GI Joe also would get my vote as he is a 2nd degree black belt in Wushu.

In choreography Donnie Yen because it looks so real plus he is a great skilled and versatile martial artist.