Would an SUV or a sports car be more expensive for insurance?

Im getting a new car.. and I either want an SUV (Jeep) or a sporty car (Eclipse). Which is cheaper to insure?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Boring
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The SUV will be cheaper in most cases, I've had a 40,000 SUV (v8 explorer eddie bauer) and then bought a $26,000 car (fusion sport) and the car was more to insure. SUVS are less likely to get damaged as bad as car if they get into an accident. Plus they are safer when in an accident with another car so there is a less chance of you getting seriously injured. I'd get an insurance quote on your own before making any purchases so you know for sure.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

The sporty car will always be more expensive, especially for a young driver. Why? Because sporty cars are wrecked more often by young drivers. Insurance companies receive more claims for sporty cars than SUVs. Even if you are not a young driver, sporty cars still cost more to insure.

• jason
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

sporty car, but that also depends on the cost to repair each one. So the Jeep would cost more to fix in this case vs the sports car.

• 3 years ago

it is going to count number on your utilising checklist, how old you're, the form of claims interior the final 5 years, the coverage you decide on, what proportion miles the Mazda 6 would be pushed in a 12 months, the 12 months and sort(rapid?), condition of the vehicle, the form of vehicles you have on the coverage and the place you reside.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ken k
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

unknown /insurance is local/gotta call in your zip code and get the real story

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.