What are good ways to talk a cop out of writing you a traffic ticket?

With just a warning and slap on the wrist? I need tips in case I get pulled over again. It's been a frequent thing with me. Thanks.

I'm not a bad driver. I just get pulled over because there are alot more cops in my area. I got ticketed for not signalling while changing lanes...stupid things like that.

• robert
    Favorite Answer

If you ask most of the Officers around here they'll tell you that the usually have their minds made up about if it's going to be a ticket or warning before they even talk to you. They usually base this on how serious the offense was. As long as they don't find anything bad when they run your license then it all comes down to your attitude. You'll very rarely talk your way into just getting a warning, usually people wind up talking their way into a ticket instead.

Your best bet is to keep calm, be polite, and don't do anything that would make the Officer nervous such as moving around in the car a lot before he gets to your window(it makes them wonder if you're trying to hide something).

Source(s): 10yrs Living with and working closely with Law Enforcement

Well, it is a combination of things. How polite you are, if that cop really needs the ticket to fulfill his, "Productivity Goal", and probably a little luck. If you have a good enough excuse, and are really polite about it, you might not get summonsed. Even if you got the ticket, don't go cursing him/her out. That is a sure way for them to remember you in court and go the extra mile to ensure that your ticket sticks. Also, never admit to anything either. That can be used against you in court testimony as well.

Be polite and courteous. You will be surprised how far that takes you.

• Jay

You don't need a good way of talking an officer out of a ticket. You need to obey the law.If its a common thing for you then you must be a very poor driver. The average person has three interactions with the police in their entire lifetime. That includes asking for directions, being broken down and having the officer help, traffic violations, criminal activity, etc.

being honest, and respectful it gets you an prolonged way. occasion: "officer, i understand i became into rushing. i'm sorry. i became into in basic terms in a hurry. i will sluggish it down." possibly you will get a warning. in case you have been doing some thing incorrect be a guy and take the value ticket. in case you commence BSing the cop he gets aggravated and mess w/you. undergo in ideas that cop is doing his job.

I was told once by a police officer that if you dont have your license. registration/ and insurance, that means extra paperwork for a cop and they would rather just let you go with a warning than have to deal with the extra work.

I guess you could try that and if it seems to be backfiring, you can pull them out at the last minute

Tickets are written to change an offender's behavior. Perhaps you haven't paid enough in fines to change your behavior yet. That said, any officer with a backbone isn't going to not write you a ticket because of anything you say or do, it will be because he wants to give you a warning.

Be polite, respectful, no attitude, don't deny what you were doing wrong, and perhaps make them laugh. Make um feel like a person and not a P.O.S. just because he's doing his job. Admit your mistake and let them know you fully understand.

I read once that the best way is to just admit what you did up front, and even then its not so likely.

just say you have explosive diarrhea