If someone's own children had been taken into care, would you feel safe about them?

being around your children, babysitting and so forth?

Just how bad does neglect have to be to have three children taken into care?

Do you think someone who social services have judged to be incapable of parenting their own kids should be allowed to look after someone else's?

someone my husband used to work with has offered to help me out with babysitting for my toddler but I'm really unhappy about having her around him as I know her own three children have been taken into care and from what I know about her she has some mental health issues . . . I'm glad to know i'm not over reacting . . .

• M
    Favorite Answer

well the truth.....to be honest you cant handle the truth so I'll scare you anyways

cps (child protective sevices) aka dcf is the one branch of government that does "NOT" need a warrent to come into your home, where as even the highest branches of the FBI or your local police need a warrent to invade your home. Yep thats right you could have murderd half a dozen people and they would need a warent to investigate where as you may have done absolutly nothing wrong at all and your nieghbors just don't like you so they call dcf which infact can barge into your house at any given time with out a warrent if someone has tipped them off.

There was an artical in the local paper about how dcf took two children away, what had actually happened was the mother left the father incharge of babysitting while she went to work 3d shift the father fell asleep and the 2 kids in dippers were able to sneak outside. When the mother got home she went to check on her kids who were not asleep in bed, she noticed the back door was open and had to chase them around the house. At 5am the nieghbor is getting ready for work and asumes the mother is outside playing hide and go seek with her kids that aren't clothed or have shoes on except for dippers, and calls dcf.....guess what it says in the paper? How bad the mother is ect.

If you ask me, they can take your child at any given time if they want to, remember it's their job to look for thing that could "possibly" endanger your child but "NOT ACTUALLY" endanger them.

Examples and un-organized home, not having a clean record, being on any kind of state assitance (they have a field day w/ that one) or even "rumored" to have beaten your kids, the second that phone gets dialed your screwed. I'm pretty sure they get a commision on taking kids from their familys.

To answer the rest of your question, NO they are not always put into good care and YES you should be concerned. In texas more than a dozen kids had been taken from there homes due to bad conditioning but what happened to them next was about the worst of it. They were put into state living (orphanage) not a foster care where there for they are government property, and were subjected to random testing of vaccines, kind of like lab rats. Also when I was 18months there was a story on the news about a boy that was the same age as I was (my mother brought this up ALOT) the mom of the boy had a restraining order on the father because of abuse ect. He had to go to parenting classes and do a whole bunch of legal things before ever being around his child and for 6months he had to have some one present when visiting his kid. Well DCF were the ones to say in court he was safe to be around because he had gone through classes ect. The mother claimed "NO" he's not, and that he hadn't changed....the boy saw his father I think 3 visits alone before the 4th visit where the boy was murdered......and it could have been prvented if DCF had listened to the mother. This kind of stuff happens ALL the time, and they try and keep it out of the media so you can't use it against them.

Source(s): This video will help if you are experiencing issues with them here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYihmL-6Xc&feature...

great question I don't think there is a definitive one size fits all answer for this. I think finances and estates should be settled before someone takes this burden on themselves. The person who cares for the elder should be compensated, if there is anything of value left. Personally, I am old fashioned. I will bear the burden of caring for my parents up to the point that their financial issues do not affect my personal credit rating and means in general, but I don't need much. Edit: I know someone, Joanne who is in herlate 80s and feels the same way as you. She wants to remain independent from her children and is still able and willing to work and does. She and her kids are satisfied. However, in the instance that she becomes unable to live on her own, I can't see why in the world her four children wouldn't "bear the burden" for her care. They are able bodied and their kids are grown and out of the house. However Joanne might have other ideas. They just have to see what works best for their family.

• Zoz

No, i find it strange you need to ask. Why would you leave your children with someone who clearly does not have the ability to care for children?

And just to clarify, in the UK if you knowingly leave your child with someone you know has had a child protection issue you and your husband can be investigated and charged with neglect. The social services initiate it if they catch wind that you have left your children in her care knowing what you know.

• ?

NO, i would not trust someone who has had their own children taken away to take care of mine and though i know some people can change it is just not a risk i am willing to take with my children. I actually have been faced with this kind of situation, my brothers girlfriend lost her child to social services and under no circumstances is ever allowed to be alone with my children, my kids can not even go to their home without me or their father there! Part of being a parent is protecting your children not exposing them to potential danger when someone already has past childcare problems.

• LAZMUM

No I wouldn't trust anyone with my Children if they had theirs taken into care through neglect, or endangerment or other things in that category,If she had them taken off her because she had a breakdown & couldn't cope to give her respite until she recovered & if her children are now well looked after by her then after a lot of consideration I may consider it but if there not back with her NO for any reason.Hope it helps.Good Luck.

It depends on why the kids were taken, but generally, no. If a person isn't capable of taking care of their own kids, I certainly wouldn't trust them with mine.

• ?

Oh God no! Never! My 5 year old was invited to play at a friends house but I KNEW that there had been some issues years back with an older sibling....that was enough for me.

who knows what their story was but there are a lot of potential babysitters out there and i can't imagine why i'd take that risk.

No, even if people change it's not a risk I'm willing to take.

not worth taking the chance is it?