updates-notification@yahoo-inc.com - is this a legitimate notification or scam?

i received a few emails from: " updates-notification@yahoo-inc.com " trying to inform me about updates from connections that are not part of my connections.

my instinct tells me that this is spam / scam / not legitimate - can anybody assist?

if scam - what is best option to deal with these emails? is pressing the "spam" button enough??

thanks to anybody who can assist

Favorite Answer

Scam!!!! That's a phishing email. Don't reply to the message and give out your personal information to total strangers or you'll risk losing your account to them. Remember that Y! doesn't send unsolicited emails to all its users, as the company already has that stored in its well-secured servers.

Go here to report the message to Customer Care: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/ab...

Choose Password Phishing as the reason for the violation you're reporting on.

Alternatively, you can also forward it to them-unedited and with full headers-at the following address: phishing@cc.yahoo-inc.com

After that, get it deleted without delay.

• heike

look interior the full header documents. there could be a button below the e mail that declares finished headers. Clicking on links in emails on occasion provides you viruses and trojan horses. 0.5 way down could say From and To... The from line is maximum in all probability the place that's from .

If they are telling you to send them your password, or if they are telling you to log onto a link within the message, it is a scam.

learn to look at the full email header to see where the email actually came from