ImageMixer 3 Video editor, how do I add music? PLEASE HELP?

I'm editing together a video. Everything is perfect. I added titles before a couple of the scenes, however, and I don't know how to put music in those scenes. My music is in an mp3 format and it's not showing up when I click "file." The only other option is "audio" and that says "record." How do I get it to "record" a song that's already in my computer? How can I get the song that's in my computer onto my video? PLEASE HELP

• Mandy
    Favorite Answer

You need to use the Add Media or Import in the menu (I don't have ImageMixer). Once you have the path of your music file designated and the MP3 file is present, then it should allow you to import it (then drag it to the video time-line and park it on the Audio track). If not, it could be that the Mp3 music file is copyright protected and IM3 won't allow the import. You might try to convert the Mp3 to .wav and then try it.

On a PC, you Right-click on the music file and choose Convert Audio Format.

MTV gives credit to The Monkees, who were the first to put visuals to music besides watching the band play, with the invention of the video. Yes, The Beatles did it too, but in movie so I suppose that doesn't really count as a "music video". Now, I remember the clip mentioned of Cab Calloway doing Minnie The Moocher on an episode of Betty Boop. That was more of a showcase for the then-advancements of animation however, and whether or not it could actually be considered a video is debatable. If it was, would not the Merrie Melody cartoon of the ducks swimming to classical music? I think that including cartoons in the running for "first music video" is stretching it. I also don't think shows like Bandstand, Shin Dig could be considered music videos because the performers simply performed (or lipsynched) on stage, sometimes with a light show of sorts behind them. Likewise, neither should clips of musicians on various variety shows. So, being of the age where (a) I watched The Monkees on TV when I was 11 in 1968 and (b) I witnessed the very beginnings of MTV, I was naturally thrilled to hear credit given for the first true music video to The Monkees.

you may try to get its tech support help you