Should I do a church youth presentation on drugs?

I got to do this presentation for the youth at my church this week for youth bible study...and I want to do it on drugs should I?

Favorite Answer

Ask the youth what the most popular drugs were this last school year and last summer. Address those specifically. The popular fad against cigarette smokers has a bad side in that parents and grandparents are functioning pretty well while smoking, so talking about drugs in general loses meaning.

Use this as an opportunity to discuss two evils that should be avoided by youth. The first is making fun and putting down someone who is trying to be good. Even if you think he is being more straight laced than others, do not make fun of him or give him the impression that it makes him a freak.

The other is not to corrupt those who are still innocent. They should not brag about the drugs they have tried and stopped using; they should especially not encourage those younger than them to try and just quit like they did. Should they get the urge to try a drug, keep it to themselves. Don't go bragging about what you are going to do and then do it.

Point out that the should not ostracize people who look like druggies once they establish that they do not do drugs. Some of the straightest looking people do drugs and the more popular and more admired they are by others, the more they should be avoided.

It may be a good idea to get a display that shows what various things look like (pills, pot, paraphernalia), some kids don't know and should (maybe the parents, too.)

Sure, but tell the whole truth, that "legal" drugs are sold on city street corners along with illegal drugs, so drugs are drugs and will mess up your Mind and physical health...

Help the group know that clergy are among the most likely to abuse alcohol and/or drugs.

It should be very interesting.The class is all aglow awaiting your presentation on drugs.

• Godboy

Sounds like something that they need to know aboout

It seems to me you already are.

No...do it sober

;-]`~~