How to obtain a green card?

Hello :) I have a question (obviously) My mom is in the US illegally (yeah, yeah, I know..) She has been here for 20+ years, she was able to get a REAL social security card at that time, I don't know WHY she didn't apply for a green card, its kills me -_- She also has a driver's license, I don't... show more Hello :)
I have a question (obviously)
My mom is in the US illegally (yeah, yeah, I know..)
She has been here for 20+ years, she was able to get a REAL social security card at that time, I don't know WHY she didn't apply for a green card, its kills me -_-
She also has a driver's license, I don't know if that matters, well for this question..
This whole Arizona immigration law craziness has made me worry about my mom's status :(
Is there anyway she can apply for a green card, she told me she can't because she got deported in 2002?
Please no bashing or insults, just answer the question.
Thanks!
Update: @chode: wtf?
Update 2: I am 20 years old, a full time student and part time worker, it worries me that she can get deported again. Whats strange is that she has gotten traffic tickets, like the brake light wasn't working and she would have to go to a judge because she didnt have a license from CA, it was expired and was driving with... show more I am 20 years old, a full time student and part time worker, it worries me that she can get deported again. Whats strange is that she has gotten traffic tickets, like the brake light wasn't working and she would have to go to a judge because she didnt have a license from CA, it was expired and was driving with a NC one, she finally renewed her CA driver's license. But wouldn't the judge seen her status?