500ish credit score and need options for buying a car?

Yes I know my credit is terrible. I have paid two charge offs and a in debt cash advance loan the only thing that's left is a defaulted student loan. I have paid something on the student usually most of my income tax once a year about $1600-1800 for the last 3 years I was told they probaly won't garnish my... show more Yes I know my credit is terrible. I have paid two charge offs and a in debt cash advance loan the only thing that's left is a defaulted student loan. I have paid something on the student usually most of my income tax once a year about $1600-1800 for the last 3 years I was told they probaly won't garnish my wages but will continue to give me bad credit. My loan amount is 25k plus and I have no reasonable way to pay in the near future only over time.
Now recently I have lost my car and I need another, I have never had payments before I'm (26) and only bought used cars I am also a mechanic so it was easy or me to keep them for the most part but now I am considering a loan for a car as a option (atm I don't have a lot of cash)
I have around 1000-1500 cash. My top 3 cars I want are reasonable price but are hard to find and finance
The cars on my list that I am willing to finance are:
1994-2002 chevy camaro z28 6spd which is around 2k-8k
1999-current gt mustang 5spd which is around 7k-20k
2003-current 350z 6spd around 12k-25k (unlikely to get it)
2005-current scion tc 5spd around 10k-20k
What is the fastest way to get financing for one of these cars? Is a personal loan possible? Is in-house financing possible? Oh and if it helps I make 45k a year full time been employed for 4 years.
I do have an option for a 1994 mustang gt from a co-worker for $1800 with a messed up tranny will probaly cost $500 to replace. I really want the old camaro been wanting one for years
Update: David m had the best advice so far but do you understand I have been purchasing 1k-3k cars for the last 8 years and is very good keeping them running...its just that cars in that price range tend to have a lot issues and costly repairs even for a proffessional mechanic. I wanted to weigh the difference of a high... show more David m had the best advice so far but do you understand I have been purchasing 1k-3k cars for the last 8 years and is very good keeping them running...its just that cars in that price range tend to have a lot issues and costly repairs even for a proffessional mechanic. I wanted to weigh the difference of a high interest reliable car to "just buy a $1000 and build credit" I'm not saying your wrong or right but I have spent a lot of money keeping said 1k cars running with due to unforseen future repairs. A certified used car seems appealing to me do to being consistence in reliablity for the most part. Especially when compared to older 1kish cars. btw been a mechanic for 5 years so I do have a idea of what I'm buying even at that budget just trying to get credit back on track