? asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 10 years ago

Who's better Queen or Beatles?

I'm 13 and i want to know who's better, queen or the beatles, They both are great but which one is better. most people assume that we like rubbish like lady gaga or justin bieber however i prefer these sort of bands!!!

Favorite Answer

I like both,but for me The Beatles are the better band for the following reasons:

The Beatles inspired other artists and bands to write their own songs,They changed the artist/producer relationship in the studio,They changed the way music was made in the studio,They made an impact on pop culture that's being felt even as we speak,They made it fashionable for men to have long hair,They changed the way people perceive rock groups by not having the standard front man with backing group,They redefined what it meant to be an international celebrity,They inspired other musicians to use certain instruments and music companies to make instruments,They inspired other bands and artists to speak their minds about the relevant issues of the day,Helped to change the perception of the rock album from being a collection of songs to a work of art,Unofficially made english the language of rock and roll(thus inspiring many overseas musicians to learn English),Lennon and McCartney were among the 1st songwriters to have a stake in the publishing of their songs,Helped to inspire other rock groups to create their own record labels,They brought the music of India to the west by being the 1st Western musical act to use Indian instruments on their recordsThey were the ones who created music videos(though other artists like Queen,MJ,and Duran Duran perfected the art form.They used the blueprints The Beatles drew up!),One of the 1st acts to take a stand for civil rights.

need i go on...

I think this quote from The Compleat Beatles says it better than i ever could:"It must be stoically accepted that The Beatles were in the end a phenomenon of the 60's,the 70's and beyond were only to feel their influence."

It's been almost 50 years since The Beatles came out and 40 years since they broke up and the beatles are still remembered,talked about,and still influencing artists to this day!

Now to elaborate on how The Beatles took a stand on civil rights:In September of 1964,The Beatles were giving a concert in Jacksonville,FL at the Gator Bowl,Well word had gotten out to The Beatles that the audience at the concert was going to be segregated,well The Beatles and Brian Epstein sent a letter to the venue owners stating that if this was the case that they could have their money back and that The Beatles would boycott the performance,of course racially separating the audience was never planned,but it said a lot about The Beatles to take such a stand!Also on that same tour,at a stop in philadelphia,the beatles were dismayed to find the entire audience for that show(13,000)were all white!

Now I will say that I loved Queen's vocals(absolutely fabulous),They actually took what The Beatles did with how they(The Beatles)recorded their vocals and put their own spin on it!

In fact Queen and a lot of other bands from the 1970's used a lot of what The Beatles did in the studio and put their own spin on it!

Beatles

I prefer Queen over The Beatles. But if it weren't for bands like The Beatles, The Temptations, The Beach Boys etc, some of the bands that came later such as Queen may not be around.

It's all opinions.

I prefer Queen over The Beatles, but I know MANY people who would disagree with me.

Queen

• Hannah

The Beatles though I love both.

• Paul L

Queen. (I was never a big Beatles fan - I was too little when they hit it big in the U.S). I love the harmonies Queen has - it sounds so much smoother than the harmonies the Beatles had.

well it depends on what you like.

Beatles are probably more popular because they wrote 8 billion songs. but theyre more of a soft rock/ pop kind of band

Personally I think Queen is the best band ever. They are an epic band! You would like them if you like more of a harder rock style of music.

Props to you for not going with the band wagon. I hate those stereo types cuz I too love these kind of bands. Id say queen is better but they are both awesome :-)

beatles win

but queen is not too bad

The beatles in my opinion...