why did HP's stock price drop 60% under carly fiorina?

why did portfolio.com magazine call her one of the "20 worst CEO's of all time"?

the HP-Compaq merger was widely regarded as a colossal failure

is this who california needs right now?

Update:

@oil spill: nice try- when fiorina left the job in 2005, HP was down 60% while a similar company-dell- was down 5%

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Fiorina was forced to resign from HP because of her bad leadership. HP's stock jumped after she left. She did not do a good job at HP and now she wants to try her hand at politics. It does not sound like a good prospect for California or for the country.

• 4 years ago

At least you put up the link that proved you were full of dung. She resigned HP after the merger became the largest manufacturer of computers in the world. She was right, they were wrong. Why won't you Liberals talk about policy, maybe because your ideas are soooo unpopular, and your guy in the White House is clueless. So you attack people as trying to portray them as worse instead of your guy great. Won't work, no one is listening, the media lost ALL credibility last election. All you have to do is look at SC, the media went after Haley and her numbers went up.

• Yesiam
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Excellent question. I can't WAIT to see how the Repubes spin her moving all those "jobs she created" to Taiwan.

Then again, George W. Bush bankrupted every company HE ever ran as well, so I can see her as the Repubes' choice for Lord of All Things. Let's take someone who couldn't balance a budget in their own company and put them in charge of the Nation's finances, since THAT worked out so well the last time.

In the 50s, someone who did what CEOs do now as a matter of course, would be known as a "Communist sympathizer".

They won't be happy until we're all wearing the same brown worker's uniform and Sig-Heiling Sarah Palinsky.

I used to think Repubes were just sadly misinformed. Now I'm starting to believe they are actively dangerous and their only intent to fool the American people is an evil one.

• 10 years ago

Because Fiorina is one of the 20 worst CEO's of all time. No wonder she is a republicant.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • justa
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Why not, bad business people is what makes the Republican party salivate, look at Bush, man never made a profit until he sold things to his Daddy's friends, and they loved him.

The big deal was he made payroll.

That was his qualifier, along with a term as governor of Texas, a state where the governor hasn't got a whole lot of power. Frankly, a community organizer would have more experience.

• Lee J
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Maybe you didn't notice, but the entire global economy tanked along with the Dow Jones and the NASDAQ and the S&P and ALL of the foreign stock markets and HP stock too.

Sorry that fact doesn't fit your agenda, but get over it.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Same thing on her job before HP (at Lucent). That company almost went under! Lucent is now absorbed by French company Alcatel. This fact should make Republicans love her more because they love politicians that ship our jobs overseas.

• 10 years ago

I have no idea. Why did they lose several billion last year? Did George Bush have something to do with it?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Uh, didn't you hear about that global recession thingie that took place? Besides kali-fork-in-ya always elects losers. You need only look at Pelosi, Boxer and Feinstien to understand that.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Duh: the internet bubble. Does your reference point for history go back farther than 10 years?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.