Pony escaped from horse trailer while driving?

We have an Ifor Williams Classic horsetrailer and took our pony to a show yesterday. The showground was a nightmare and the exit was blocked by traffic coming in. Staff directed us twice to incorrect exits which meant a lot of reversing and driving over bumpy forest tracks, with the pony getting fed up and kicking... show more We have an Ifor Williams Classic horsetrailer and took our pony to a show yesterday. The showground was a nightmare and the exit was blocked by traffic coming in. Staff directed us twice to incorrect exits which meant a lot of reversing and driving over bumpy forest tracks, with the pony getting fed up and kicking a lot. We stopped at a junction to watch another vehicle in case they knew the exit and I looked in the mirror only to see our pony run off into the woods. I've no idea how he was able to open the rear ramp and dislodge the crossbar. There's no damage whatsoever to the trailer catches or any of the fittings but I suspect repeated kicking must have dislodged the locking pins. Has anyone else ever experienced this?
11 answers 11