Can I use my debit card in Japan to withdraw money from ATMs in Japan?

Okay, so my friend's mom is really freaking me out. I'm in Japan right now, and I have enough money to last a while but I purposely did not withdraw all of it. In order to get by towards the end of my trip I have to be able to withdraw money from the ATM. Worse comes to worse my mom can mail it. Before I... show more Okay, so my friend's mom is really freaking me out. I'm in Japan right now, and I have enough money to last a while but I purposely did not withdraw all of it. In order to get by towards the end of my trip I have to be able to withdraw money from the ATM. Worse comes to worse my mom can mail it. Before I left for my trip I put my mom's name on my checking account, which is linked to my ATM card. I also alerted TD Bank that I would be in Japan, and I know they registered it.
Anyway...so my friend's mom was saying because my card does not have a "plus" or "star" on it, then I won't be able to use it.
But the thing is that my debit card is Visa and TD Bank would have told me if I couldn't use it, right?
What kind of ATMs can I use it at? Any ATM? Or does it have to be a specific kind?