nhuylong asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 10 years ago

How many members are in Super Junior in total?

I've been watching some videos of people auditioning for SM Entertainment on youtube

And I found a video about a guy named Henry, and he said that he's from Super Junior M, so I looked up Super Junior on wikipedia, and found that there's also Super Junior M,T, and H.

So how many guys are there in total. Counting 1 person only once.

Please help/explaine to me, I'm very confused

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi =)

There are 13 members in Super Junior. Henry and Zhou Mi are members of the sub-group Super Junior M which performs songs in Mandarin Chinese.

Currently though, there are only 10 members active right now. Kangin was arrested for getting involved in a fight outside a bar with 2 other people and later got into a car accident because he was intoxicated at the time. He has enlisted into the army and has not participated in the 4th album. Kibum decided to pursue his acting and Hankyung filed a lawsuit against SM because of unfair treatment and restrictions in his contract. They are all not involved in Super Junior's activities.

Since Hankyung was the leader of the sub-group Super Junior M, Henry and Zhou Mi are now left hanging because the group is not active.

Super Junior H (Happy) recently released their World Cup song called Victory Korea =)

So a quick run-through of all sub-groups (4 total)

Super Junior M~ Hankyung (leader), Ryeowook, Siwon, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Henry, Zhou Mi

Super Junior Happy ~ Leeteuk, Yesung, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Kangin**

Super Junior K.R.Y. ~ Yesung, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook

Super Junior T (Trot--an older form of popular Korean music) ~ Leeteuk, Heechul, Sungmin, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Kangin**

Kibum is the only member who is not in any sub-group

There are fans who believe in SuJu as 13, excluding Zhou Mi and Henry, others believe it should be "13 as a group, 15 as a family" it really depends. But with 3 inactive members some added Zhou Mi and Henry...yeah I know it can be a bit confusing ^^

But don't stop supporting Super Junior, I can't believe there are people giving up on groups that have members leaving.. I don't know where are all these fans are going, people were bashing 2PM when Jaebeom left, then there was the DBSK lawsuit controversy/indefinite hiatus and everyone freaked out.. They need us as supportive fans!

I hope that makes it less confusing.. =)

@Allie_13 ~I don't think it was necessary to mention that SuJu is "better" than SS501 =(

They make completely different kinds of music and each group is unique. It depends on everyone's taste in music. I really like both of them in their own way ^^

• Login to reply the answers
  • mandi
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Members Of Super Junior

• helfer
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Super Junior Members

• 10 years ago

There are 13 members in the "Super Junior" group.

However one member - Hankyung/Hangeng has left the group T__T

So I guess that would make it 12 now, and 1 former T__T

But in ELF's heart.. it'll forever be 13 ^^

~ Leeteuk (leader)

~ DongHae

~ SungMin

~ ShinDong

~ RyeWook

~ EunHyuk

~ KangIn **

~ Heechul

~ SiWon

~ KiBum **

~ HanGeng (former)

~ YeSung

~ KyuHun (maknae)

** They have been missing for a long time ): KangIn I think due to something he did and KiBum because of acting.

There are also sub groups and the sub group Super Junior M (which is mainly for the Chinese market) is the only one with 2 non original SuJu members which is Henry Lau & Zhou Mi (both from TW)

So basically some people say that SJ is 13+2=15

It really depends what you think.. Some say that it's 13 plus Henry and Zhou Mi making 15 but some people just make it simple and say 13 (if you count the former hangeng)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Theres 13 altogether:

- Leeteuk (Leader)

-Eunhyuk

-Heechul

-Siwon

-Donghae

-Sungmin

-Khuhyun (Maknae)

-Shindong

-Yesung

-Ryeowook

-Kangin

-Hankyung

-Kibum

However only 10 are active. Kibum is persuing an acting career, Kangin is on hiatus (because of personal reasons. Look it up on google ^^) and going to the army soon, Hankyung will probably leaving the group later on (look it up on google too if you want).

There are 4 subgroups:

Super Junior K.R.Y - Yesung, Ryeowook, Khuhyun.

They are the 3 main vocalists of the group and sing ballads.

Super Junior Trot - Leeteuk (Leader), Heechul, Kang-in, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk.

They sing Trot music (oldest form of Kpop music)

Super Junior Happy - Leeteuk (Leader), Yesung, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Kangin.

They focus on contemporary dance music and just entertaining people.

Super Junior Mandarin - Hankyung (Leader), Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Henry, ZhouMi.

They sang Chinese songs to try and break into the Cpop(?) industry.

Henry and ZhouMi are the chinese members of subgroup Super Junior M. They were originally meant to join Super Junior but the ELF's protested to have only 13 members and won the protest. So now till this day Super Junior is 13. However many ELF's support all 15 members in all their different activities but some believe only 13 and others 13 as a group, 15 altogether.

Hope this helped :)

Source(s): Kpop Lover :)
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Eeteuk (Leader)

Heechul

Yesung

Hankyung (Former)

Kangin (Hiatus)

Shindong

Sungmin

Eunhyuk

Donghae

Siwon

Ryeowook

Kibum (Hiatus)

Kyunhyun

There's 2 more including Henry and Zhou Mi but since most E.L.F got angry and wanted only 13 members Henry and Zhou Mi don't count but they're in Super Junior M which is a subgroup.

Kangin left for military duty, Kibum is busy with his acting and Hankyung is out of Super Junior

<333

• 10 years ago

There are 13 main members in super junior. Main meaning the original "Super junior"

Leeteuk (leader)

Donghae (mah faaaaave♥)

Eunhyuk

Kangin

Yesung

Sungmin

Hankyung

Siwon

Kibum

Shindong

Ryeowook

Kyuhyun

Heechul.

then, theres the sub groups, but only one of the sub groups has additional members. Super junior T, H, and KRY have the same members, just not all of them at once.

"Super Junior M" includes Henry (an asian-canadian) and Zhoumi (he's chinese)

so altogether there are 15 different members.

in their newest album, three of the members are missing, so there's only 10 lately. Kangin went off to the army (SAD FACE), Kibum has been acting a lot overseas, and Hankyung was just released from his contract and is pursuing a career in his home country, China.

hopefully this makes sense, and hopefully you continue to love Super junior!!♥

~Emily :)

Source(s): Seriously major fan. Kekeke♥
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

15 total Super Junior members

13 offical Super Junior members

10 offical Super Juniors at current

• 10 years ago

hello.

There used to be 13 members in Super Junior. 3 members left due to personal issues and other goals. There are 10 members active right now.

Former members:

Hankyung - confict about his ill health due to his "slave" contract.

Kangin - Due to his misconduct under the influence of alcohol he enlisted in the army.

Kibum - He decided to focus on his acting career

Original group members:

Eeteuk (Leader)

Heechul

Yesung

Hankyung (chinese member)

Kangin

Shindong

Sungmin

Eunhyuk

Donghae

Siwon

Ryeowook

Kibum

Kyunhyun (final member)

sub chinese members:

Zhoumi (Chinese sub member - not an actual member of the original group)

Henry (Chinese sub member - not an actual member of the original group)

Because there are a lot of members in the group, temporary units were created with different genre of music.

(All of the units below are not active anymore.)

Super Junior Trot - Shindong, Eeteuk, Heechul, Eunhyuk, Kangin, Sungmin (2007)

Super Junior K.R.Y (ballad) - Yesung, Kyunhyun, Ryeowook (2007)

Super Junior Happy (candy pop) - Shindong, Eeteuk, Yesung, Eunhyuk, Kangin, Sungmin (2008)

Super Junior M (Chinese music) - Siwon, Hankyung, Donghae, Ryeowook, Kyunhyun, Zhoumi, Henry (2009)

--------

Hope that helps... I'm a big fan of Super Junior before. I've been listening to their music for 4 years now. When the 3 members left the group, i just gave up on them. I still listen to them but not that often.

They are better than SS501 though. lol.

xx

• 10 years ago

there are actually 15 members in super junior but they (SME i think) chose 13 OFFICIAL members..

the 13 official members are:

Leeteuk (leader)

Heechul

Hangeng/Hankyung

Yesung

KangIn

Shindong

Sungmin

Eunhyuk

Donghae

Siwon

Ryeowook

Kibum

Kyuhyun

the other 2 are:

Henry Lau

Zhou Mi

now... these are the SUBGROUPS for Super Junior:

(note: they formed subgroups because there are a lot of members and so that they can create different genres of music to capture certain markets.)

SUPER JUNIOR M (the M stands for Mandarin because their target market are the Chinese)

-- this group is composed by Siwon, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Henry, Ryeowook, Zhou Mi and Hangeng/Hankyung

SUPER JUNIOR T (T stands for Trot)

-- this group is composed by Leeteuk, Heechul, KangIn, Shindong, Sungmin and Eunhyuk

SUPER JUNIOR H (H stands for Happy)

-- this group is composed by Leeteuk, Yesung, KangIn, Shindong, Sungmin and Eunhyuk

Super Junior K.R.Y (this group mostly sings ballad)

-- this group is composed of Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung

Now, there are 3 people that are currently away from the group.. I can't say that they are former members because they still did not withdraw from the group. Anyway, they are:

1. KIBUM - He is always busy filming dramas. He focuses more on his acting career than his singing career.

2. KANGIN - It is because he has issues regarding him violating their country's laws/alcoholic behavior and he is currently enlisted in the army.

3. HANGENG - It is because he filed a lawsuit case against SME because of his "slave" contract.

Source(s): me . i hope i made it less confusing to you. :)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.