Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Recommendations for movies, new and/or older?

I like movies that make you think. i'm usually good at guessing how movies turn out and i'm looking for a good twist[or several twists:]. Or one of those open ended endings [like "Doubt"] psychological thrillers/dramas, sci-fi and such.

I'm not going to list all the movies i've seen, but i've thoroughly enjoyed Silence of the Lambs, Donnie Darko, Memento, Fight Club, The Prestige, One Hour Photo, ect.

I'm tired of reading critic reviews, and looking on blogs so many people have different opinions. How did your recomendation make you feel when you watched it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Anything with: Perry Mason, Matlock, Charlie Chan, or The Thin man...

Shutter Island

Fatal Attraction

Hannibal

The Game

American Psycho

Play Misty For Me

Conspiracy Theory

Capricorn One

Seven

Kiss The Girls

Death Proof

Awake

Suspicion

Shadow Of A Doubt

The Good Son

Strangers On A Train - 1951

Mulholland Drive - 2001

Donnie Darko - 2001

Unbreakable - 2000

When A Stranger Calls - 1979

Phone Booth - 2003

Psycho - 1960

Vertigo - 1958

Secret Window - 2004

Blow Out - 1981

The StepFather - 1987

The Tenant - 1976

Touch Of Evil - 1958

Pacific Heights - 1990

The Vanishing - 1988

Insomnia - 2002

Jagged Edge - 1985

Jacob;s Ladder - 1990

The Conversation - 1974

Gaslight

Rear Window - 1954

The Dead Zone - 1983

The Sixth Sense - 1999

Basic Instinct - 1992

aa

• 1 decade ago

Orphan was the scariest, most shocking, most sick, and most twisted movie i have ever seen, it is worth watching

I also recommend:

Murderer-A Chinese Horror Movie not very well known in the United States and is a lot like "Orphan"

The Uninvited-American Version of "A Tale of Two Sisters"

American Psycho-Very good movie

Shutter Island

R Point-Korean Horror Movie

A Tale of Two Sisters

Silent Hill-Good Movie

All of these movies listed above got a shocking and sometimes scary twist at the end

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe "Silk" (Gui-Si) Which I found to be a very interesting story of a scientist who invents a way to capture the spirit (ghost) of a little boy, and the obsession of the scientist, as well as the "spiritual" journey of the detective that helps him. Also the French version of "The Vanishing." If you've seen the US version, it probably won't be the same. But an Excellent movie none the less...Check 'em out.. Hope that helps!...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

SE7EN, SAW, PAN'S LABYRINTH, UNBREAKABLE, THE SHINING, THE MIST, ALIEN, THE OMEN, APOCALYPSE NOW, RED EYE, PHONE BOOTH, RESERVOIR DOGS, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, THE SHUTTER (THAI VERSION), 13 TZAMETI (FRENCH THRILLER), THE SIXTH SENSE, THE GAME, THERE WILL BE BLOOD, NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, SYRIANA, SALVADOR, TRUE BELIEVER,PLATOON,ONE FALSE MOVE,MICHAEL CLAYTON,HUNTING PARTY,THE GREEN MILE. Hope these movies are what you are looking for.

As for recommendations, yes i have been disappointed at times. If you get your reviews from good sources, then chances are that you will be happy for most of the time. Its better to read the reviews than to go watch a movie with no clue at all. It would be a complete waste of time if you go unprepared.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

See The Machinest and The Usual Suspects, and Unbreakable..you'll love them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.