Applying for Americorp. Any tips?

I'm applying for Americorp right now. I have moderate but consistent community service experience. I volunteered at camps, art museums, and community gardens throughout high school. I have also volunteered with my sorority and worked to raise funds for FOP and EB during my college years. I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, and am hoping to work in a mentoring/ tutoring program, or with mentally ill people. Any tips on how to become a competitive applicant? I really want to do this!

Best Answer

If you are as enthusiastic as you sound, I don't know how you would not be accepted.

I know many many people who have volunteered through Americorps just being a high school student, high school graduate or in college.

It's not necessarily the awards or achievements or qualifications, that you've had, but your commitment to community and service.

Good luck.

Source(s): I worked alongside Americorps members last summer, but was funded through a different foundation/ organization.

Americorps Application Tips

• Sally

I agree with Cait. I think NCCC is what you should consider. It is also very hands on like you are looking for. Once you get your GED you will also have a lot more opporunities in the future.