Just planted some green pepper bell seeds...?

I know I should have probably done this earlier in the season, but, I didn't have them @_@ They're from store bought produce & I dried them on paper towel for 2 weeks. I know that seeds from store produce might not grow, but I can at least try! To see if they'll grow, I just sewed them into into... show more I know I should have probably done this earlier in the season, but, I didn't have them @_@ They're from store bought produce & I dried them on paper towel for 2 weeks.

I know that seeds from store produce might not grow, but I can at least try!

To see if they'll grow, I just sewed them into into an egg carton (a biodegradable one). Then I'd replant them later. I've been sprinkling with water as they dried and I just put the carton outside in the sun.

OK, my question is... if they begin to grow, what should I do since its late in the season? Can I bring them inside and they will grow (when it gets cold)? And if I do, what kind of pot should I put them in?

Thanks in advance!