? asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 1 decade ago

University of Iowa Out of State?

I'm currently a soon to be Senior looking for ways to get discounted tuition to the University of Iowa.

I am the president of the Physical Education Club, member of Varsity football team, as well as DECA business club.

I have a 3.0 GPA as well as a 28 on my ACT.

Not need based scholarships because my parents can afford it but do not want to because it is too expensive. Any ways of gaining reduced tuition or experiences would be greatly appreciated as well as easy scholarship websites. Thanks.

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    State school= Out of state tuition. Unless, there is a reciprocity agreement, like my university has with neighboring states.

    You can get in state tuition, but you need to declare independence from the parents, live there year-round, get a job, pay income taxes get a residence off campus, register to vote, register car. However this usually takes effect after a year.

    Source(s): I work in higher education.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.