Why are all the states with the lowest amount of college graduates RED STATES?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/11/states-wi...

Arkansas

West Virginia

Mississippi

Texas

Alaska

Georgia

Kentucky

Is this surprising anyone? Not me.

Update:

Where I get my sources from doesn't change the facts.

Update 2:

Wrong again Conservatives, the most heavily indebted states are red as well

http://www.usnews.com/articles/opinion/2009/03/12/...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Most of the red states are agricultural and/or coal mining/energy rural type industries economically. They are not urban in nature. They live within their incomes. They have lower taxes and I don't believe they are going bankrupt like the blue states. Part of the divide is due to the cultures present in different states and/or different areas within the states. Most urban areas are liberal and most rural areas are conservative. It isn't that difficult to understand really if you try.

My state is red and not in debt.

• 10 years ago

Red states put more stock in a persons ability than in a piece of paper that gives graduates a sense of entitlement and false superiority to other people. You would be a great example of that.

California, New York, New Jersey, Minnesota, Wisconsin are all blue states that lead the way in debt.

EDIT: A new report out by Forbes — aptly called “The Global Debt Bomb” — reveals that the five states roiling in the most debt are all so-called “blue” states. The top five are: Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and California.

And among the five most fiscally sound are three predominantly “red” states (Utah, Nebraska, Texas) and two more politically mixed states (New Hampshire and Virginia).

• 4 years ago

Colorado is a wonderful place to live! The winters are not that cold (depends on how high of an elevation the town is), summers are gorgeous! and fall and spring is the perfect temperature. It does snow, which might be a problem for you I grew up in Durango, Colorado, definitely a laid back atmosphere and tons of outdoor activity's to do. Its a very safe area and i loved growing up here, and its beautiful!! In Durango, we have blue skies and sunshine most of the year (even in the winter), so if you like gray skies then this might not be an option.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Too bad you look only at states, and not the 435 congressional districts. Breaking down the level of education to the districts, the worst ones are heavily Dem. In some states, the best-educated districts are the Rep. districts.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Children follow in their parents footsteps.

If the parents do not have respect for education the children will follow.

Alaska is different as it a frontier and good employment is available without education.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

George Bush, Jimmy Carter and Obama went to college. What is your point?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

U lef o't mi ome tate ov Soth Carlina.

• 10 years ago

Why are all the states that are run by liberals going bankrupt?

• 10 years ago

Another east coast liberal elitist trying to make the conservatives look dumb. That's the best argument you have, huh?

Source(s): By the way, I know a lot of college gradautes that don't have any common sense. Look at Joe Biden.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.