(Trigonometry): Can all sums in trig. be solved without simplifying the RHS and just working out the LHS?

Maybe it might be easier to work out the RHS, but can you solve all sums by simply working out the LHS?

Ok, when I say "trig." I mean proving identities.

Favorite Answer

yes all of them can be solved by working out on the LHS but sometimes the RHS is much easier to work on

yes , all sums in trig.can be solved without simplifying the RHS and just working out the LHS.

also it may depend on the situation. we must try to make the simple side remain simple and complicated side become simple.

for ex.

1) prove-- 4 = 2-5+7-8+2-3+5+8-4

here you would like to simplify 2-5+7-8+2-3+5+8-4 into 4 .

you would not want to convert 4 into 2-5+7-8+2-3+5+8-4 to prove equality.

yes, i guess...

but sometimes it is very time consuming to keep simplifying the LHS in order to reach the RHS

in that case, one can simply solve both the LHS n RHS and prove them equal.

one shud prefer d way which is less time consuming...!!

do one thing. work out the lhs and rhs separately. if you arrive at a common ans, then u can say that the lhs=rhs.

Source(s): me

the actuality is you do no longer choose a $a hundred TI-80 4 calculator to do the trignometry that they prepare you at college. The scientific calculator that they have got coded into Microsoft residing house windows is adequate. The graphing calculators do help you recognize what the graphs look like, yet are not mandatory for the final public of faculty artwork. or you or your mom can get an complication-free $10 TI-30 and that would desire to be adequate on your math homework. I understand doing an arccos(40 two.7364°) is unreasonable and not utilising a calculator, yet lower back, the calculator on your computing gadget or an complication-free $10 scientific calculator might desire to be waiting to try this. do no longer place self assurance in calculators, too many stupid human beings do. in case you may grant me with an occasion out of your text fabric e book the place the calculator this is provided in residing house windows is inadequate, i will substitute my concepts, yet I have been given by using all my ode (common differential equations) and pde (partial differential equations) instructions by using college with what's such as the TI-30s of on the instant.

• dophse

it could be either way sometimes iit's easy to begin with LHS and sometimes with RHS.

all depends on the problems and and approach you are employing