Why do some people hate anything fantasy based like scifi/fantasty/horror and only like real life?

My dad, nephew and I all love comic books, sci fi, fantasy and horror movies. We all get together and talk about spirituality and the supernatural and we love movies, TV and comic books. My mom brother and sister all hate those things and only like true life stuff like true life crime novels and stories and things and they hate most movies in general and don't even go to the movies. What's wrong with them?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Wut? Some people like Sci Fi others don't. There's nothing 'wrong' with them.

It's what makes us all individual. If everyone deemed other peoples interests as 'wrong' because they aren't the same as their own, we'd live in a very conflicted society.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

How opinionated you are. Everyone is different you know. My bofriend loves sci-fi, politics & reading. I don't like those things. I love the footy, soccer & anything Australia is playing in. He doesn't

• 10 years ago

Perhaps something is wrong with you if you can't grasp the fact that not everyone shares the same opinions. You are not the ultimate standard by which all things are measured.

• 10 years ago

It has to do with things such as, opinions, likes, dislikes and preferences. Ever heard of those?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

i fail to see what this has to do with religion.........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.