Sunshine Islands vs. Island of Happiness?

I love the Harvest Moon games, but do not have one on the convenient portable DS. I was wondering if anyone had any strong opinions on Sunshine Islands vs. the Island of Happiness. Which one is more fun/addicting? I know that Sunshine Island is supposed to be the sequel to the Island of Happiness, but does that matter for gameplay? I just want to know what people's thoughts are on the two?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Sunshine Islands is definitely the better of the two. Island of Happiness is extremely difficult. It is very hard to get the people to come to the island and more difficult, I think, to raise heart levels. Sunshine Islands is pretty difficult also, it takes awhile to raise all the islands and you sort of have to decide which island you want first because you have ration your sun stones, etc.. But you can get things done a bit faster and things like mining are a bit easier.

I don't think Sunshine is a direct sequel to Happiness. It seems to me to be sort of parallel since their are many of the same characters. I think either one is good to play without having played the other, but for my money Sunshine is the best.

Actually, I might, if I were you, wait for the English version of Wind Bazaar. I think it's going to be called Great Bazaar. It will be out sometime in the next month or so. Maybe late July. I've played the Japanese version and it seems to be a more original and easier game. Plus, I love the ability to sell things, personally, at the bazaar.

i think sunshine island is better

ok