I just recently bought an 07 Toyota Yaris?

And I would like to know more about it. Any information would be helpful.

Of course the car dealership did give me the information about it, such as mpg and stuff, but I want to know if it's good to drive in the long run, etc. etc..

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is a Toyota so it will lack quality and not be reliable.

You should also buy a second car so you have somthing to drive while the Yaris is in the shop.

It has been recalled four times but all for simple things but be sure to get the recall issues taken care of. I have listed the recalls for you.

Recall ID # 10V036000 - EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELS - Get Details

Recall Date: FEB 03, 2010

Component: EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELS

Model Affected: YARIS

Potential Units Affected: 153418

Recall Date:FEB 03, 2010

Model Affected:2007 TOYOTA YARIS

Summary:SOUTHEAST TOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2005-2011 PASSENGER VEHICLES FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 110, "TIRE SELECTION AND RIMS." THESE VEHICLES WERE SOLD BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 1, 2005 AND JUNE 2, 2008 WITHOUT THE REQUISITE LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY MODIFICATION LABELS.

Consequence:A DRIVER MAY OVERLOAD A VEHICLE WHICH MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy:DEALERS WILL MAIL TO CONSUMERS THE CORRECTED LABEL OR THE CUSTOMER WILL HAVE THE OPTION FOR DEALERS TO INSTALL THE LABEL FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING MAY 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SOUTHEAST TOYOTA AT 1-954-420-2000.

Potential Units Affected:153418

Notes:SOUTHEAST TOYOTA DISTRIBUTORS, LLC

Recall ID # 09V031000 - SEAT BELTS:FRONT:RETRACTOR - Get Details

Recall Date: JAN 29, 2009

Component: SEAT BELTS:FRONT:RETRACTOR

Potential Units Affected: 134895

Recall Date:JAN 29, 2009

Summary:TOYOTA IS RECALLING 134,895 MY 2006-2007 YARIS VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER SEAT BELT PRETENSIONERS, WHICH ARE DESIGNED TO BE ACTIVATED IN RESPONSE TO A SEVERE FRONTAL IMPACT. WHEN THE SENSOR DETECTS A SEVERE FRONTAL IMPACT, THE FRONT SEAT BELTS ARE QUICKLY DRAWN BACK BY THE RETRACTORS SO THAT THE BELTS SNUGLY RESTRAIN THE OCCUPANTS. THE INVOLVED VEHICLES CONTAIN A CENTER PILLAR SOUND INSULATOR LOCATED UNDERNEATH EACH FRONT SEAT BELT PRETENSIONER.

Consequence:IN THE EVENT OF SEAT BELT PRETENSIONER DEPLOYMENT, THE GAS GENERATED MAY AFFECT THE SOUND INSULATORS. IN THE WORST CASE, IF THE SOUND INSULATORS IGNITE, THIS CONDITION WILL RESULT IN A POST-COLLISION FIRE.

Remedy:DEALERS WILL MODIFY THE VEHICLE FREE OF CHARGE. THE MODIFICATION WILL ENTAIL REMOVAL OF THE SMALL URETHANE CENTER PILLAR SOUND INSULATORS (SPONGE) UNDERNEATH THE DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER SEAT BELT PRETENSIONERS. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING FEBRUARY 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-888-270-9371.

Potential Units Affected:134895

Notes:TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC. 90C

Recall ID # 09V223000 - EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELS - Get Details

Recall Date: JUN 15, 2009

Potential Units Affected: 27080

Recall Date:JUN 15, 2009

Summary:TOYOTA IS RECALLING 27,080 MODEL YEAR 2005 THROUGH 2010 PASSENGER CARS BUILT FROM SEPTEMBER 1, 2005 TO MAY 4, 2009. THESE VEHICLES WERE NOT EQUIPPED WITH LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY MODIFICATION LABELS WHICH FAILS TO CONFORM WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 110, "TIRE SELECTION AND RIMS."

Consequence:INCORRECT LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY MODIFICATION LABELS COULD RESULT IN THE VEHICLE BEING OVERLOADED, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy:TOYOTA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND PROVIDE THEM WITH A NEW, ACCURATE LABEL TO BE INSTALLED OVER THE INACCURATE LABEL FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT AUGUST 31, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA AT 1-888-270-9371.

Potential Units Affected:27080

Notes:TOYOTA MOTOR NORTH AMERICA, INC.

Recall ID # 09V223000 - EQUIPMENT:OTHER:LABELS - Get Details

Recall Date: JUN 15, 2009

Model Affected: YARIS H/B

Potential Units Affected: 27080

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2007/toyota/yaris/r...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.