Do you hate it when people miss-pronounce your name?

Has anyone ever miss-pronounced your name?

It constantly happens to me especially in school the teachers totally butcher my name lol

so now they just call me vi for short lol

for like a whole semester my teacher called me virginia and thats not even my name lol

Best Answer

i used to have this friend who did that, one day after we'd known each other for years his aunt was like why do you keep calling him that his name is this not that. It was awkward, cause he found out my real name, and i found out he didn't have a lisp. :P

• Jilly

People usually don't miss-pronounce my name. Jill. Pretty simple. But teachers at the beginning of the year always call me Jillian and that irritates me. I don't remember why I even get bothered by being called Jillian.

But I lovveeee when foreigners miss-pronounce my name. It's so cute with their little accents!

Whats your name?

Jill.

Jeal?

Sure! ;)

Ever since I was little.

It doesn't bother me anymore.

My name is Bojana. Pronounced Boy-ana.

So it's understandable that they wouldn't be able to pronounce it.

People just call me Bojangles or BoJesus.

I like BoJesus much better, then my actual name.

• Jess

No, my name's Jess. But I knew a girl in high school named Kylea (pronounced like Kylie). Everyone always said it like Ky-LEE-ah, it was kind of funny.

My first name is easy but my last name has never been pronounced correctly ever. It is pronounced fee-case but spelled Fikejs. I don't get mad cuz everyone always does it.

My name is always pronounced right. I have a friend, and every time there is a sub, her name is murdered. I think they should have professional name pronouncers. :)

MY MNUSIC TEACHER REPLACED THE A IN MY NAME FOR AN O THE ENTIRE YEAR ONE TIME

yess

especially since my name is spelled the way its pronounced

but people still manage to come up wit the weirdest pronounciations

Yes one peson ponounced my name like SO-P-HEH-A

My names Sophia

Yeah, some subs seem to pronounce my name as Kal ya or Kay-lea .....like wtf? My name is spelt the way it's pronounced. KAY-LA. How hard can it be? And it's not even some rare name. It's pretty common :\