Why is (psychiatric) medication so expensive in the USA?

I'm studying at the Uni in Slovenia so I'm not insured there because it was too expansive for me-I'm not the citizen of the country (I'm from Europe, though). I go to a psychiatrist so I pay the sessions myself (45min, around $95) and medication myself-original Zoloft 100mg, 28 pills, costs me... show more I'm studying at the Uni in Slovenia so I'm not insured there because it was too expansive for me-I'm not the citizen of the country (I'm from Europe, though).
I go to a psychiatrist so I pay the sessions myself (45min, around $95) and medication myself-original Zoloft 100mg, 28 pills, costs me around $17 and original Wellbutrin 300mg, 30 pills, around $50, both completely without any insurance. I'm really curious to know how much those two would cost in the USA without any insurance? I bet a lot more based on what I have read online. Or am I wrong? Why is it then so much more expensive when it is the same medicine, without insurance?