Is there a resource for determining the value of older used cars?

I have two cars I need to sell.

One is a 67 Ford Mustang in poor condition and the other is a 84 Ford Truck (no additional info, it's a truck) in just fair condition. I can find plenty of resources for determining the value of restored vehicles but I'm having trouble finding something for cars that are heaps of junk.

Any help?

kelly blue book doesn't go past 1990, but thanks.

• Otto
    Best Answer

Mannheim Gold Book is one source and the NADA classic guide is another. There is also the OCPG (Old car price guide) They give an idea what a car is worth but those prices are not set in stone. I have seen many cases where a car sold for a lot less than the book quoted. Actual condition and current market values have a lot of impact on what it would actually bring,

Source(s): Restoring cars for over 40 years.

Vehicles that are that old are priced according to condition and how available they are. And prices are also subjective to the person selling them. Most people think what they have is worth more than it really is but all depends on what one is willing to pay. Talking with someone who is versed in purchasing or fixing older vehicles is your best bet. 67 mustang due to its collect-ability in poor condition is worth anywhere from 500-2500 dollars. And an 84 ford truck with no other info would run about 1000 dollars unless it has 4 wheel drive and has been restored to good running shape and not full of rust. Good luck.

If a $30,000 BMW fails emissions, it better be headed to the salvage yard, because those issues are covered by the federal emissions warranty. The your car needs O2s and a cat converter, I can only imagine what else has been neglected to have the engine to have the car run so bad to roast that cat converter. Sell it to a scrap yard if you can.

Their true age is determined by their miles. Just post ads on Craigslist. You can start out high priced and keep going down till they sell. The selling price is their value. I usually look around at ads of similar things to see what others are doing.

• Lew

There's a classic car blue book -- I don't think it's from Kelly, but I can't recall where it IS from.

Gold book

But in general they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them .

http://openlibrary.org/books/OL11399970M/The_Gold_...