The Oil spill.....who's to blame?

So, we have a major catastrophe in the form of an oil slick that is destroying habitat and killing wildlife... Obama is calling BP all the names under the sun....really are they the evil money grabbing b@st@rds that the US president is claiming they are, or should we not see this as the price we have to pay for our... show more So, we have a major catastrophe in the form of an oil slick that is destroying habitat and killing wildlife... Obama is calling BP all the names under the sun....really are they the evil money grabbing b@st@rds that the US president is claiming they are, or should we not see this as the price we have to pay for our dependence on oil based fuels.... the nature of oil is such that when leaks like this happen then the results are as seen. It's not like BP have engineered the leak just for the hell of it and then stood back and done nothing. I doubt that they tried to stem the flow of oil and purposefully messed up the operation.

The fact is, our reliance on oil causes these problems, sadly, we should be prepared to pay the price, both in terms of habitat/wildlife destruction and we should be ready to repair any damage as soon as we can....Two major points to remember, the US are the worlds largest consumer of oil derived products, and, remember the Exxon Valdez? Seem to recall they did very little to fix that major disaster caused by shortcuts and money saving measures, erm, isn't Exxon a US company??? So, Mr President, look closer to home... I won't even touch on the results of the unchecked greed of the US banks and lies by the US Govt that has resulted in the financial mess we all find ourselves in....

Or, am I wrong?
11 answers 11