lilly asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Name of Queen Latifah movie?

Does anybody know the name of that movie that Queen Latifah played in where she went under water and got stung to death by those jelly fish?????

Update:

Thanks everyone for your answers and movie links! WDuffey46 I think in Last Holiday she THOUGHT she was dying if I remember correctly! Thanks anyway!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

You're thinking of Sphere (1998) starring Dustin Hoffman, Sharon Stone, Samuel L. Jackson, and of course Queen Latifah. It's a mystery/sci-fi/thriller film about a spaceship discovered at the bottom of the ocean.

I know for a fact that it's the movie you're talking about because according to Wikipedia, in the movie "Edmunds, the navy technician, is killed by aggressive jellyfish". However, it wasn't Latifah's character who was killed, it was an actress's character named Marga Gómez.

Here's the plot summary:

In the middle of the South Pacific, a thousand feet below the surface of the water, a huge vessel rests on the ocean floor. Rushed to the scene is a group of American scientists who descend to the depths of the sea to investigate this astonishing discovery. What they find defies their imaginations and mocks their attempts at logical explanation. It is a massive spaceship, undamaged from it's fall from the sky-and at least three hundred years old.

Why would it be Last Holiday? She didn't even die in that movie.

• candis
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It's a very good question, looking forward to reading the replies

• 4 years ago

Sphere Queen Latifah

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago
  • 1 decade ago

Last Holiday ?

• 4 years ago

It is quite interesting

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.