Hypothetically,If Mexico and the United States declared war on each other......?

...lets say,due to rockets being launched at El Paso( after the shooting of a Mexican teenager by an immigration officer who was being pelted with rocks) Which side would the Mexicans in the United States stand by?What do you think would happen? I was just pondering this today,and it hit me that half the people at my work would back Mexico(yet they live here) Its just a muse of theory, so don't get your panties all in a bunch.

carlos, my wife holds that sentiment,as I live also am taking care of her 80 year old parents, whom speak very little english.I disagree with you and I find your argument short sided with undertones of hate.

to add, the epsiode between a teen and a a US immigration border patrol agent, really happened a day ago.Thats what got me thinking about this.

Jim S I lived in wilmington ca most of my life and I know exactly what your talking about.

Oscar look for the "?".

• L.T.M.
    Best Answer

Realistically, some would fight for the enemy. Some would pose as loyal but work behind the scenes giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Some would choose America over Mexico out of self interest. Some would fight on our side..how many..who knows?

edit: One thing I'm sure of is we'd find out real quick the '12 million' number thrown around by the government is a total sham. There are about 7 million illegals in California alone.

If we can turn back the clock back to the early 19th Century, then maybe we should have taken over Mexico. It would have been better for them in the long rune. They would have a better government with checks and balances, better law enforcement, and migration would not be a problem. Plus, the US’s resources would have been increased dramatically that we probably do a better in managing it a lot better. There would be better water and sewage treatment plants by the 20th Century. And if Mexico did become part of the US then there would be and equal migration from the north causing an intermingling of cultures and blood. Image traveling from New York City to Mexico City by car and still be in the same country. That would be very fun for Americans who love to travel. But conquering Mexico today would be virtually impossible unless we eliminate the whole Mexican population and replace it with our own. That would be genocide and that is simply wrong.

• Tim

lets say,due to rockets being launched at El Paso( after the shooting of a Mexican teenager by an immigration officer who was being pelted with rocks) Which side would the Mexicans in the United States stand by?

I believe radical leftist Mexican groups in the U.S would stand with Mexico and many in California schools as well. Mexican Americans who were born in the U.S or who have lived here for generations I would hope, would stand with the U.S..... their country.

I would expect an even higher number than usual of Brits to get shot in the back from friendly fire incidents as they always go in first, you can expect Southern States to be the first Americans in, most of them will have to be sent home pregnant w/in the first few weeks. Then w. the US on the brink of collapse I would expect Obomba to shoot off all the nukes only to find that the few that are left are date stamped 1958 so of those that launch most fall short on Arizona and Nevada killing a number of Mexicans who were fighting to stay in the US. By this stage a few brigades of Mexicans should be able to walk into Washington in between siestas and take over as most Americans take their places ether's shooting and looting or furiously typing 'the sky is falling' or 'all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy' to the beat of Elton John's Grow some funk of your own amigo..

Even if every one of the 45 million Hispanics in the country side with Mexico, the US would still out number them 2-1. And if you would like to know how a war would turn out, look at the Mexican/U.S. war in 1846.

Haha, I think Mexican-Americans would become the new face of terrorism, since they are already living here and what not. I'm sure they could do a lot of damage, the Mexican population in the US is huge....but I doubt there will be any wars over this anytime soon, the US and Mexico are not as rash as countries like Israel.

I do not know the answer to this question, sorry; but I do know that last year I had the misfortune to watch as about thirty or so Unregistered Foreign Military Personnel were meeting not two miles from a Navy Base, here in Virginia !

And Yes ! I do know what Military Personnel look like, even in Civvies ...

Source(s): Observations of a retired US Army Sargent.
  • Smiley

I'm Canadian, and I'll be traveling to Mexico in a couple weeks. I was just speaking to a friend of mine recently, and the topic was how so many people around the world have a dislike for Americans (sad but true), though I'm not one of them. I remember a friend of mine was offered $50 by an American for the Canadian flag on his back-pack while visiting Holland during the late 1980's...that's the reality for many American's who travel abroad. You would think they'd be safe within the confines of their own country...but as we've seen in recent years, sadly this is no longer the case.

So, my friend and I thought that maybe I should wear a ball cap or T-shirt that says "I'm Canadian" when I travel to Mexico. I hadn't heard of the shooting incident you mentioned, so maybe I should go with one of these instead;

http://www.seattlecondoreview.com/images/2008/05/1...

The solution to the whole problem is simple,Aizona's "new" law ( which totally mirrors Fed law) should be scrapped,and the U.S. should adopt Mexico's immigration laws ,that will satisfy all the illegal Mexican's,their Gov't won't have anything to criticize OUR country over...problem solved...check out Mexico's immigration laws and see if you agree.

The Mexicans in America would be in for a rude awakening. We have a socialist progressive in office, remember what FDR did to Japanese and German Americans during WW2?